What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Dustless Brake Pads - Steve S
Someone mentioned these on a wheel cleaning thread that I've stupidly lost.

Can anyone let me know if they are as efficient as normal pads? If so, what are they called, how much and where can I get some?
Dustless Brake Pads - Cyd
You might be refering to my oft repeated recommendation of EBC Greenstuff. They are roadsport pads and so have a higher coeff of friction than ECE 90 pads (ie std replacements). I have them on my 800 Vitesse Sport and have not been able to fase them at all so far (I've tried very hard). They also give off very little dust.
Check out www.ebc-brakes.com - I'm sure they have a stockest finder. Or pick up Max Power (or similar) and look through the ads - many places have them. Also try your local A1 Motor Store - my local one has them.
Dustless Brake Pads - Simon Templar

The Americans are very keen on alternative pads that minimise/delete brake dust.Obviously there are variations in quality & efficiency but the concensus of opinion is that one must be prepared for frequent pad/disc changes(especially vented discs)
Simon T.
Greenstuffs are disc friendly. As for wear, I can only say that mine are wearing at about the same rate as the Mintexes I had previously and is certainly not excessive.
Dustless Brake Pads - Paul Mykatz-Tinks
Confirm that.

So does my son.

Very good pads. No fade. Little dust.
Dustless Brake Pads - steve paterson
Assuming that these pads and discs wear in the normal way (get thinner) what happens to the bits that have worn off ? If brake dust doesn't show around a caliper and everything is working properly - something is wrong. Maybe the dust is transparent or charged in some way so that it's repelled by the caliper. It must go somewhere.

Dust is caused by steel fibres. Greenstuffs contain no steel fibres - hence no dust. It isn't transparent - it isn't there!!

These pads are superior to anything else I've ever used in any road car. I reckon they're as good as most competition pads I've used in the rally cars too.