What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
03 2.00 Boot release motor - Andrew Velcro
Hello

I think the boot release motor on my mondeo has failed and was wondering if anyone had bought a non ford part from anywhere. I haven't got a price form ford yet but I'm expecting it to be high.

Thanks

Andy
03 2.00 Boot release motor - richbev
u pull it at stamford bridge york m8. really cheap
03 2.00 Boot release motor - Dynamic Dave
richbev, can you keep the txt talk for msn and your mobile please and use proper words here.

Thanks, DD.
03 2.00 Boot release motor - bell boy
try slamming the boot and trying again
usually its a sticky solenoid on fords due to age/underuse/bad earth
on the wifes fiesta i make it my mission when i get to see it once a blue moon for its safety check to keep firing the switch to give it some use every time im sat in it
as for copart ex simpsons best of luck if you got a part cheap i gave up when simpsons sold out for the cheque
03 2.00 Boot release motor - Fullchat
Now that explains why I couldn't find Simpson Salvage in the phone book ! :-O
03 2.00 Boot release motor - Andrew Velcro
Thanks for the replies. I have fixed it!!! I almost gave up hope and gave into the Ford money making machine but couldn't resit prising the motor open to have a look inside. As I got a knife between the two halves of the casing the actuator popped out. I taped the thing back together and it's work ever since. I dread to think how many people have paid the £100 or so from Ford to fix it!!

Thanks

Andy