What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
06 1.6 front side windows do not clear - Dazza.G
I have just purchased a 2nd hand 06 Focus Sport and am very happy with the car. However, there is one thing that is bugging me. When I "wind" down the front electric windows on both sides of the car the rubbers are not touching the window so they do not clear of mist or rain on the outside. I have tried winding the windows completely down and pushing the rubber back in place with my finger. The windows then clear perfectly on the way back up, but as soon as fully closed the rubber is pushed back out of place and on the next open/close they do not clear again. Is anybody else experiencing this problem and is there an easy DIY fix?
06 1.6 front side windows do not clear - Snakey
I did notice this with my 07 Focus - its annoying but I assumed it was just the way it was built!

Having said that,its the only car I've owned that does this.
06 1.6 front side windows do not clear - AndyT
My '02 Focus mk1, did clear the windows nicely with the open/close method. My present '06 C-max, and previous '03 Fusion do/did not, and have a much cheaper quality feel to the mechanism too. Something which seems simple, but can be quite annoying.