What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
01 1.4 Engine Warning Light - FocusOwner
Hello all.

I recently purchased a 2001 Ford Focus after knowing there was a potential problem as when i started the car, there was a "rattling" noise under the car. This could have been a Loose Heat Shield or even worse the KAT.

I took it to KwikFit and it turned out to be the KAT...

So, they fitted a new one and within 2 hours of driving, the Engine warning light came on. So i took it back and they fitted another new one. The same thing happend and they fitted another one for the third time. The engine warning light is now on and it sounds like the exhaust is "blowing"

I am not mechanically minded at all and havent taken it to Ford yet but would anyone notice these symptoms and maybe has previous issues with this?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 25/11/2009 at 18:49

01 1.4 Ford Focus Engine Warning Light - bell boy
depending on the exact date of manufacture of your car will determine whether an eu not specified cat can be fitted
you will need to check this
after market cats are useless and i stopped fitting them 7 years ago i would rather fit s/h used
ford will put you right but a proper cat will be between £200 and £400 new pounds im afraid

im surprised your car has 2 lambdas on this age but it may well have
a code read and an emissions test is always the way forward before letting people of any place fit parts by the way,i learned this lesson many many years ago when my first cat equipped car failed its fast idle and my best mate told me it was a cat ,suffice to say i ignored him and not only use a different garage but also do my own emissions testing before i let vosa have a sniff
01 1.4 Ford Focus Engine Warning Light - FocusOwner
Thanks for your advice