What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
01 1.4 Turbocharger - LJ
Hi everyone hope you can help?

Is this model fitted with a turbo - if not can one be fitted?
01 1.4 Turbocharger - RichardW
No it isn't, yes it could be if you've got ££££££. If you want more power, much better just to sell it and buy something with a bigger engine in the first place.
01 1.4 Turbocharger - diddy1234
or wait till next year when ford sell the new Focus 1,0L turbo
01 1.4 Turbocharger - LJ
That's an interesting prospect - any links to it?
01 1.4 Turbocharger - LJ
Thanks Richard - I had an idea it may be expensive. As for buying something with a "Bigger engine"- well it seems as though the 1.4 although nippy enough for me it lacks that punch you get with a turbo when overtaking. Not a hugh problem really. Just thought I might have used that latent power wasted for the want of a turbo. But thanks again.
01 1.4 Turbocharger - DP
A company called Van Aaken Developments used to offer a turbocharger conversion for the Fiesta Zetec-S which shares an engine with the 1.6 litre Focus (itself, the same series as the 1.4). It took power up to around 135 bhp IIRC, and turned the sub tonne Fiesta into a pretty quick little car. I don't know what long term reliability was like, given it used standard internals, but when I was on the owners club site, owners were delighted.

Cheers
DP