What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
08 2.4 Noise from auto gearbox during gear change - accordmalta
During slow gear change especially between the 2nd and 3rd gear in the region of 2000 rpm to 3000 rpm I hear a chucking sound coming from the gear box. This is not always constant, but more frequent in an up hill. The car only has 3,100 km and is rather annoying, should I be concerned once this is an automatic gearbox, should this be reported to the local Honda Distributor as the car is still under warranty, does anyone else have a similar problem and was it solved ?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 06/09/2009 at 23:42

08 2.4 Noise from Automatic Gearbox during Gear Ch - jc2
Always report it whether or not they do anything about it and make sure that they acknowledge that it has been reported(in case of future concerns).
08 2.4 Noise from Automatic Gearbox during Gear Ch - davecuk
Could be a bit if swarf or something from manufacture in one of the valves or perhaps a problem e.g. electrical fault, definitely report it. The dealer may well choose to drain the box and refill it.

Also have a sniff of the fluid....for any burnt smell, it should also be completely clean, not darker than when new.

Of course it could simply be the box thinking about changing down, but presumably this behaviour is new?

Edited by davecuk on 06/09/2009 at 17:00

08 2.4 Noise from Automatic Gearbox during Gear Ch - accordmalta
Dear All, the noise I heard coming from the gear box was after all coming from the engine, basically the Honda distributor concluded that that engine was "pinking". The resolution to this defect was via the replacement of some Air Flow sensor and the engine ESU software update. Till now all seems to be running smooth. Same fault was reported on some Aussie websites in respect to the 2.4 litre engine version