What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Real world 1.6 diesel mpg please ...... - Viz
Before looking to buy one of these I was wondering if i'm making the right choice.
I drive probably 90% motorway journeys and usually at a steading 70 mph. I'm hoping to get around 60mpg from this car ? Is it possible ?

If not I'll probably look to an older 320d.

Cheers
Real world 1.6 diesel mpg please ...... - R2-CMax
I reckon you'll get close in summer, and quite possibly manage it with the Econetic.

I've got a C-Max 2L TDCi and am getting well over 50mpg (brim to brim - nearer 60 on the trip computer) on a route that is about 4miles urban, 11 miles rural/villages and 46 miles motorway. I tend to drive at 65-70 on the motorway.

I expect the normal focus is a bit lighter, and certainly has a smaller frontal area which means less air to push out of the way. Both should work help the focus to do better than my C-Max.

If you do a test drive reset the trip fuel consumption and take about 5mpg off and you're probably near the real-world figure in my experience.
Real world 1.6 diesel mpg please ...... - MikeTorque
I had a Focus II Zetec 1.6 TDCi 109 and got at least 64 mpg on long journeys that were significantly motorway around 70 mph. On A/B roads I would get 70+ mpg. Even in the winter it was easy to get 60+ mpg on motorways. On the newer upgraded version of the Focus II the economy is several mpg better and Econetic even better, the result of engine software updates and a few other mods.

I easily get over 60+ mpg from the Focus II upgrade 2.0 TDCi on motorways, in mixed driving I get around 610+ miles between fill-ups.
Ok thanks guys, I think i'll look to buy one of these soon.

My current mk1 Focus is a 2001 (Y) 1.8 petrol. I have had it since it was 10 months old and its covered 135k miles now, virtually problem free.
Real world 1.6 diesel mpg please ...... - mustangman
I used to own a Focus II, 1.6 tdci.

Economy varied from 46 on short trips in winter, to 60 on long runs off mways. In general an average of about 50-52.

Hope this helps.
Real world 1.6 diesel mpg please ...... - johnsnc
Similar figures from me in a Focus III 1.6. Overall trip computer say 52 but I don't do many long journeys any more - just a commute to/from the office of approx 12 miles. On long journeys with the cruise set 60mpg is a definite possibility.
Real world 1.6 diesel mpg please ...... - injection doc
1.6tdci fiesta, 53 mpg just running around town constantly & long run 65 mpg if I drive like a Nun
Real world 1.6 diesel mpg please ...... - Red Van Man
I too have a Fiesta 1.6 (90ps) tdci and can get as little as 39 mpg if driven enthusiastically on the autobahn, and 60/65 mpg driven gently on long runs. I suspect that a Focus 1.6 with more power but more weight would be similar!
Real world 1.6 diesel mpg please ...... - Graham Baty
hi Viz

I have an 08 1.6 TDCi 110 BHP and have done 45000 miles in it now, mostly motorway mostly at 70mph and I avaerage 48mpg acording to the trip which is terrible seeing as I was getting 52 out of my 115BHP 2.0 Mondeo also I would say prformance is pant's very little torque.

I might just have a duff one of course,

Dealers are next to usless and just plug in the the computer and computer says "no fault code found" so it must be fine,

G
Oh ok, I'll remember your comments when I get round to a test drive. Thanks !
Real world 1.6 diesel mpg please ...... - GroovyMucker
The only thing I'd mention is that the Econetics (I don't know if you're thinking of one) have longer stopping distances, because of the narrower tyres, I think.

May not matter to you but it was something I factored into my considerations.