Simple question about tyre choice - aaron
My handbook specifies 205/60R 15 91W tyres (BMW328i). I fancy a bit more grip than current P6000's and want to get Goodyear S03's. These come in 205/55R - does the lower profile matter? I doubt it, but don't want to ignore manufacturers recommendation.
Simple question about tyre choice - Tomo
See, for instance, mytyres.net for a choice of tyres in your present size. Lower profile might give harder ride, and no improvement in handling.

Another negative posting from

Tomo
Simple question about tyre choice - Andy P
If you want better grip, I'd go for the either the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D2 or the Yokohama A-539. Both are available in 205/60 R15. Only the Bridgestone S-02 seems to be better, but this isn't availabe in profiles above 55.

As for switching to 205/55, it will reduce the rolling radius from 627mm to 607mm, which will make your speedo over-read, as each rotation of the tyre will take you 20mm less further.

Andy
Simple question about tyre choice - Cyd
Lower profile would also be classed by your insurance as a modification - so if you do, then inform them.

I've changed to Goodyear F1s and can thoroughly recommend them. They are especially good in the wet, with a stunning ABS threshold.
Simple question about tyre choice - Blue {P}
Just remembered, if you have an accident and the lower profile tyres are not compatible with your car, speedo etc. then the Police will find out, I know an officer who does crash investigating and he knows this kind of stuff inside out. When this is found out you can end up in big trouble and without insurance, so honestly, I don't think it's worth it...