What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
04 1.9 lambda sensor - trainboy
i was driving to work yesterday when i got an `emmisions workshop`appear on the displayand then a yellow engine light lit, according to the handbook it`s the lambda sensor which is faulty, where is it & is it easy to change?
04 1.9 lambda sensor - Dynamic Dave
A lambda sensor is screwed into the exhaust system. Generally they are fitted into the downpipe of the car, not too far away from the exhaust manifold. Due to the environment they live in (extreme heat) they can be quite difficult to unscrew from the exhaust system.

If it were me, I'd seek a 2nd opinion rather than relying on the dash light to tell you what the fault is. In other words, get any fault codes read out on a diagnostics reader.
04 1.9 lambda sensor - Number_Cruncher
>>In other words, get any fault codes read out on a diagnostics reader.

And even after this, keep your wits about you.

Even if the fault codes point towards a particular sensor, it might be the case that the sensor is OK, and what is being measured is out of spec. For example, a trouble code suggesting an out of spec reading from a lambda sensor might actually be caused by something as simple as an air leak on the inlet manifold.

04 1.9 lambda sensor - Wurzel83
Just incase it is the sensor its self, squirt a bit of WD40 where the sensor screws into the down pipe. I have been amazed at the results of giving WD40 a day or 3 to work.
i`ve got the car booked in for thursday for a diagnostic test i`ll let you all know what codes are generated
04 1.9 lambda sensor - polecat10
Just incase it is the sensor its self squirt a bit of WD40 where the
sensor screws into the down pipe. I have been amazed at the results of giving
WD40 a day or 3 to work.

Yeah,
I 'mended' a sensor on my clio with a bit of WD40- never gave me trouble again!
i took it to the garage today the fault code was for the coolant temperature sensor, they cleared the fault and took it for a test drive and it did not come back on and didn`t when i drove it home, the mechanic said it could have been caused by a drop in voltage cos they`re very sensitive, so fingers crossed for now, thanks for the advice given by all cheers!
drove the car to manchester yesterday no probs, i left work and had gone only about 2 miles and the same fault came up again so i was going to drive home carefully, i had no choice it usually takes an hour to get home but took 2 and a half hours due to a crash on the m62, took it to the garage this morning and the fault showed up as the coolant sensor again so they`ve reset it again and are getting me a sensor