What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Staff discount bargain ? - Robbo
I would very much appreciate the opinions of those whose finger is more on the pulse than mine is.

Through my father-in-law, who works for a Ford subsidiary, I can get a new Mondeo at list price less 21%. In addition, I can currently get 3 years interest-free credit with 35% deposit. Finally, I can get a discount (13% I think) off scheduled servicing of the vehicle at a Ford main dealer.

Given that a Mondeo would probably feature on my list of potential replacement vehicles anyway, is this a bargain which I would be foolish to let pass by ?

All comments gratefully received.

Robbo
Staff discount bargain ? - Bob the builder
It possibly is a bargain but check out what the model of Mondeo u want costs at trade-sales.co.uk. Then shop around and check out the cost of whatever loan you want - borrowing money is cheap right now - and add on what you reckon service costs will be.
As always, take your time, get a piece of paper and a calculator, make a few phone calls, have a cup of tea and then make up your mind !
BtB
Staff discount bargain ? - RickyBoy
I can get similar deals through my brother who works for Ford/Land Rover/volvo et al @ Gaydon.

Unfortunately, I want another Skoda!...
Staff discount bargain ? - Robbo
RickyBoy,

Yeah, I too would prefer a different brand, probably a Mazda6. Interestingly, although Mazda is also a Ford subsidiary, Ford employees do not seem to be entitled to a discount on the marque, i wonder why.......... At the end of the day, if I save money, and still get a reasonable car, then I am prepared to suffer a Mondeo.

Robbo
Staff discount bargain ? - Baskerville
I don't think you'll be suffering in any way but image. Mondeos seem well made to me, and have a good reputation as far as driving experience is concerned. Even the diesel is good these days.

Chris
Staff discount bargain ? - PB
I have driven more 'upmarket' cars for years now but I drove my brother's new Mondeo TDCi recently and was amazed how good it was.
Staff discount bargain ? - The Watcher
Any discount which is well above what the general public will get should be looked into. The only things to consider, apart from is there a catch is, is the vehicle one you would be happy with and is it an 'end of run' model?
Staff discount bargain ? - Blue {P}
Go for it, even if Trade-Sales was a little bit cheaper, this way you get a 3 year warranty and cheaper servicing. TS only do 1 year warranty and the dealers can (depending on which one you got to) be a bit funny about the import cars... I've had to change dealers since getting mine from TS, although having said that, it may be because I went to them, test drove their Fiesta and then promptly bought one for £3,000 less at TS! :)