What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
'invited' to a second speed awareness course - stringer bell
I got 3 points back in 2000, that's it for me. nothing until this year

did a speed awareness course for being flashed 4 months ago, I am having a bad year as within 24 hours recently I got two letters for being flashed (honestly not a fast driver) from different authorities. One was for driving through s london too fast at 7:00 AM sunday morning

anyway, this London one are now offering me a course. I have already done one. It says on the form that you cant do more than one in 3 years

So, what are my chances of getting away with it? I have the sort of job it wouldn't go down too well if I was done for whatever it is I could get done for. Which I guess answers my question
'invited' to a second speed awareness course - NARU
Well the last one seems not to have worked!

I recently bought a Novus GPS rider - well worth it when driving in strange places. Though I also try to keep to limits.
'invited' to a second speed awareness course - Manatee
I think you'll have to 'fess up and be very careful for the next 2 years and eight months. Not worth making false statements if you have something to lose.
'invited' to a second speed awareness course - zookeeper
i was told you only get one chance at the speed awareness course, no wonder there are so many mimsers about then (no im not one)
'invited' to a second speed awareness course - ijws15
I was told that you could not do a course within three years of the last one when I did one in 2005.
exactly. it says on my invite i am not meant to.

but their databases can't speak to each other, different forces TV and met and i think different training companies

somebody on hear said he took the second invite, paid for it but they rumbled him and he had to pay the fine
can I apoligise for my 'hear' 'here' mistake on previous message

monday morning not the best time for me
'invited' to a second speed awareness course - Hamsafar
On your license endorsement, does it say you have been on a course?
If not I would just try and go on another course to test the system.
'invited' to a second speed awareness course - Falkirk Bairn
can I apoligise for my 'hear' 'here' mistake on previous message

Apologise?

It must be a bad spell in the day
'invited' to a second speed awareness course - David Horn
If you know about it, doesn't this come under the catch-all heading of evading police? With all due respect, if you got snapped twice in one morning, the previous course didn't work.

I think you probably would get away with it, but the consequences if you were caught might be exceptionally unpleasant.
'invited' to a second speed awareness course - rtj70
They may be different forces and may use different companies to arrange these... but can you be sure they don't use some of the same people to run them? Would you want to be rumbled on the day. Could be easier taking the two lots of points and then drive carefully.
'invited' to a second speed awareness course - Dwight Van Driver
ACPO Guidlines on Speed Awareness Courses state that
speed awareness offered only if no previous course completed
within the last 3-years, with a national database administered by
DVLA for this use.

This means on the Drivers file at DVLA will be a record of the
first course.

When attending such course there is:

Registration
? Record participant attendance ? formal register
? Check driving licence ? record endorsements
? Check appropriate person attends ? photo licence or signature

from which (2) I would presume the first course should come to light.
I would therefore presume the offer would be withdrawn and FPN (CO)
substituted.

Two options in my book

(1) Go along with what they say and hope they do not discover the first course
and if they do accept the wasted day and cost of travel.

(2) Make contact and discuss with them if it still applies. If it doesn't day saved and cost of travel which may well be in excess of the £60 CO

One would presume that if they go ahead and then notify attendance to DVLA
warning bells should ring at DVLA of previous course as a result they may revoke,
re-emburse the cost of the course and substitute CO leaving you with extra cost of the day wasted and cost of travel.

dvd.
'invited' to a second speed awareness course - OldSock
If a DVLA database of previous attendees exists, why was the 'invitation' offered in the first place?

'invited' to a second speed awareness course - Dwight Van Driver
Someone hasn't done their job??????????????????

dvd
'invited' to a second speed awareness course - pmh2
god forbid, an error in the DVLA records?

p
'invited' to a second speed awareness course - Bromptonaut
If a DVLA database of previous attendees exists why was the 'invitation' offered in the
first place?

Previous course was in 2000 so either deleted or ignored as over three years ago.
'invited' to a second speed awareness course - rtj70
Previous course was in 2000 so either deleted or ignored as over three years ago.

The OP says they were flashed and did a course 4 months ago. They last got points in 2000 so they don't count any more anyway.

So it seems they have been caught speeding three times in four months. And the original course 4 months ago did not work.