What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
00 1.25 panels and diagnostic read out - racerchick
Hi there.I recently took my fiesta to a garage for a service and whilst there they gave it a diognostic test as the engine warning light has been on constant for a while yet the car is still running smoothly and regular.the result on the print out i have says 'catalyst system efficiency below threshold(bank 1)'.could you please giv me some advice on what this means as a dont understand.
also if i was to remove the plastic trim from the sides of my fiesta are they just fixed on with glue or will i find holes behind?
thank you for help.
racerchick

Edited by Pugugly on 22/03/2009 at 23:39

2000 1.25 panels and diagnostic read out - jonsey31
Hi plastic trims are just glue strips , pull off slowly the clean panel with cutting paste .. as for the print out could be faulty lamba sensor
2000 1.25 panels and diagnostic read out - racerchick
hi thanks for your reply,so you are definately 100% sure they'll be no holes when i remove the plastic panels?i dont doubt your knowledge just double checking!!thanx for the thought on print out.x
100% i have a 2000 model zetec s fiesta have pulled the side trims off only glue no holes
thats excellent thanks alot for that.x
2000 1.25 panels and diagnostic read out - shadyarea
warning light has been on constant for a while yet the car is still running smoothly and regular.the result on the print out i have says 'catalyst system efficiency below threshold(bank 1)'.

I had this on my focus last june just after i purchased it. The dealer replaced the lamda
sensor before the cat, was ok for a week then managment light came on again with same fault, he then replaced the lamda after the cat.Have done 18k miles since and no problems

I think you`ll find on the fiests theres only one lamda sensor on the car at top of the manifold .....
2000 1.25 panels and diagnostic read out - shadyarea
Yes you are correct, im just making the point that it is probly the lamda sensor as the print out read the the same as mine.Mines a 04 so emissions are tighter hence the 2 sensors

Edited by shadyarea on 23/03/2009 at 21:18

another sensor more cost we cant win can we lol......
Hi thanx for the advice i will definately get this idea looked into,dont suppose you can remember how much roughly it cost t for it all worst case,cat and sensor?x