What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1999 2.3 Odd brake problem - R75
Has anyone got any ideas about a problem we are having with our Honda Shuttle. The OSR brake is not coming off straight away when you release the brake pedal. We have replaced the brake calliper but the problem is still there. Discs and pads were also replaced with calliper. Wheel gets hot after about 10 miles of driving, wheel nuts too hot to touch but wheel is warm.

Where can we look next to fault find?

Any ideas greatly received.
1999 2.3 Odd brake problem - Woodspeed
Either there is a fluid return problem, but I remember Honda rear brake pads are handed for the inner and outer side of the calliper. One of them has a small raised dimple on, and is meant to go into the piston slot (which means the piston must be wound to the correct position/angle. If not, I imagine when the piston moves in it is not allowing enough space for the pad to come off the disc. If you did (or maybe did not) do the job yourself - worth checking that a squash tool on the pipe WAS removed. I did once rebuild a gearbox and forgot to put oil in it!! It happens.
TY fr the reply. I did not do the job myself, a friend who is a mobile mechanic did the job, but yesterday he also stripped it all back down (both sides) to double check his work, not that I have any doubts at all with his work,he is an old school type mechanic who is thorough in his work. And everything seems to be in order!

What I don't want (and neither does he) is for him just to change part after part to find the problem as this will cost both of us!

Think I might have to bight the bullet and book it into to Honda for them to look at.
TY for the reply. I did not do the job myself, a friend who is a mobile mechanic did the job, but yesterday he also stripped it all back down (both sides) to double check his work, not that I have any doubts at all with his work,he is an old school type mechanic who is thorough in his work. And everything seems to be in order!

What I don't want (and neither does he) is for him just to change part after part to find the problem as this will cost both of us!

Think I might have to bite the bullet and book it into to Honda for them to look at.
1999 2.3 Odd brake problem - pmh2
I am surprised that while he was at it that he did not change the flexible hose, (assuming that a dedicated hose is there for that side, it will probably depend on the split arrangements on this vehicle). Very little extra labour and cost. Not unknown for flexibles to develope 'one way valve' characteristics.

p