What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
V5 query - boxsterboy
I recently bought a used E320CDI, and when I received the V5 from Swansea, I noticed that they have not entered my house number in the address. The details are just listed as "Joe Bloggs, Any Road, My Town, AB1 2CD".

Now, my road has probably 300-odd houses on it, so full marks to the postie for getting it to me!!

But what happens with, shall we say, 'non-receipt' of parking ticket correspondence and the like? Could a Court enforce any sort of order with an incomplete address (which I may not have received)? Of course, I would always pay parking tickets, speeding tickets, etc. but I am just curious to know of the legal position if I didn't.
V5 query - Collos25
It tells you to inform the DVLA if the information is incorrect and it is your resposibility to do so.
V5 query - boxsterboy
But what if I 'didn't notice' the lack of house number - it did after all arrive at my house!
V5 query - motorprop
I tried this out a long time ago. Had a letter addressed as per my name with just the post code ;

Mr. Joe Bloggs

W1X ABC

didn't even bother with the street name !

Got to me no probs, but that is helped by non - standard surnames and a spaced out post code. If you name is Smith in a tower block , less chance ..

Edited by motorprop on 27/10/2008 at 13:22

V5 query - TimOrridge
This Joe Bloggs fella gets about a bit!!
V5 query - Collos25
But what if I 'didn't notice' the lack of house number - it did after all arrive at my house!

No excuse in law,but why worry they will find you they always do eventually.
V5 query - drbe
Boxsterboy, I recently sold a E320CDI, just out of curiosity, I wonder if it was mine, would you tell me part of the reg no?

Email via the mods if you prefer.

V5 query - boxsterboy
It's a silver estate - the previous owner lived in Walton on Thames. Sound familiar?

Edited by boxsterboy on 27/10/2008 at 14:55

V5 query - drbe
Strange! Mine was a silver estate too! Close, but not close enough. I live in Esher.

Email me if you are sufficiently curious.

{email request passed on}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 27/10/2008 at 21:05

V5 query - Bill Payer
If you put your post code into an address finder you'll find there's probably only about a dozen or so houses with the same post-code.
V5 query - Pugugly
Not being flash - but for reasons of rurality mine has its own.
V5 query - Bill Payer
They've left space in the postcode for when a small (social) housing estate is dropped around you.
V5 query - boxsterboy
Strange! Mine was a silver estate too! Close but not close enough. I live in
Esher.

Ha! I drive through Oxshot every morning down Copsem Lane onto the A3. And I see an identical E-class estate as mine with the same registration bar 1 letter!