What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
03 2.0 Instrument panel lights - dave62
Hello,
I've a Mondeo 2.0 TDI on a '53 plate and one of the Instrument panel lights has stopped working (on the speedo clock). Does anyone know how to remove the instrument cluster to enable the bulb to be changed? Is it possible for an amateur to do the job or does it mean a garage?
Any help or advice gratefully received.
03 2.0 Instrument panel lights - cheddar
Get a Haynes manual, it is then fairly straight forward. Make sure you disconnect the battery though (airbag pyrotechnics) and therefore need the radio code and handbook on hand to reset the elec window (and roof if fitted) if required.

That being said you can reack some of the bulbs by taking the panel below the seering colum off and wiggling your hand up behind.
03 2.0 Instrument panel lights - dave62
Many thanks cheddar. I'll try the hand wiggling first, maybe save a lot of time and lost screws - not to mention patience!!
03 2.0 Instrument panel lights - elekie&a/c doctor
I would strongly recommend that if you take the pod out(not difficult once the lower panel is removed with 2 lower screws not easily visible)that all the illumination bulbs are replaced.Guarantee if you replace one,another will fail very soon.hth
03 2.0 Instrument panel lights - cheddar
IIRC you have to take the steering column shroud off and remove a bit of trim from infront of the pod to get to the screws.
03 2.0 Instrument panel lights - dhivin
Hello Cheddar

thanks for this info but you know this bit of trim in front of the pod. How does it come off . Don't tell me i have to start dimantling the whole dash. i have undone the screws and i have taken off the shrouds and botom trim below the column.