What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Greeny - Lucretia
I seriously think this (tinyurl.com/3nv7ps) might be the best Fiesta that I'm going to come across. Do you think that offering 1200 is too low?

Luke.
Greeny - Carse
Luke,

In the current economic climate no offer is too low, the seller may just be happy they got an offer. It is definitely a buyers market and very easy to walk away and find another

Carse

Edited by Carse on 20/10/2008 at 16:51

Greeny - Lucretia
Right! 2p it is then :D

I've been thinking that he's going to have to reduce the price and relist at work, tbh, but as I know nuffin about cars really I wasn't sure.

Luke.
Greeny - Blue {P}
£1,200 is a fair price, a girl at work recently bought the exact same car except it is the 1.25 and a 2002 model and she only paid £1,250.

Greeny - Lucretia
£1 200 is a fair price a girl at work recently bought the exact same
car except it is the 1.25 and a 2002 model and she only paid £1

Sounds good to me. Struggling to make an appointment with this guy, so seems like I might be the only person interested at this point.

Luke.
Greeny - Rattle
Take your time, if he says I have other people interested ignore it, it will only put preasure on you and you will buy a dud.

I am concerned about the clutch though, there is no way a Fiesta should need a new clutch at this age, Ford clutches will easily easily do 100k+ so you have to ask has the car been thrashed?

It also dosn't mention the MOT, to be honest I think there is more honest examples out there, this car is worth seeing but it is not worth £1500.

You should also expect to see full Ford service history and make sure 5/30 oil has been used.
Greeny - Lucretia
Take your time if he says I have other people interested ignore it it will
only put preasure on you and you will buy a dud.
I am concerned about the clutch though there is no way a Fiesta should need
a new clutch at this age Ford clutches will easily easily do 100k+ so you
have to ask has the car been thrashed?

Hmm, surely if it's a new clutch it should be fine now? I know he's not driving it anymore as he has another car now.
It also dosn't mention the MOT to be honest I think there is more honest
examples out there this car is worth seeing but it is not worth £1500.

This is what he told me in an email:

"MOT'd untill feb next year, taxed untill march next year"
You should also expect to see full Ford service history and make sure 5/30 oil
has been used.

Well, it's full until 4 years ago.

Luke.
Greeny - Rattle
Luke the engine its the same though, if its been thrashed the engine live may well be shorter. The MOT is also far too short for this kind of money.

Go and see the car but I think a lot of questions need to be asked, and don't offer anything above £1100 unless he puts a new MOT on it, if he thinks the car is genuine he should have no problems with that unless he knows it will fail.
Greeny - Lucretia
no need to quote previous posting
Damn! Thought I'd found a good un there. Guy on Parker's forum says to walk away as there's no service history.

Luke.

Edited by Pugugly on 20/10/2008 at 22:54

Greeny - cheddar
You cant expect FSH at that age/price. Looks like a nice car to me.
Greeny - Lucretia
Yeah, surely at some point you have to give up on the FSH?

Does to me too, will be looking at it, although not sure when.

I really didn't think about the clutch though.

Luke.
Greeny - Rattle
At £1500 there are plenty of Fiestas with FSH, they will turn up if not now. That is the great thing about Fiestas you can be very choosy, evne if its not full Ford you at least need to see proof that the oil changes have been done etc.

Personaly anything above £500 I want mostly complete history, it is a very good way of telling if the car is genuine too.
Greeny - cheddar
>> I really didn't think about the clutch though.

Better that the clutch has just been done than just about to go and the ad sounds genuine.