What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
05 2.2 i-cdti juddering - smickers
Has anyone had a problem with the CRV or a 2.2 i-cdti and low down judder when driving and changing up gears in town ?

This is driving me mad as I've only just got the car and have 10 days to take it back for an exchange ...

Its mostly in 3rd or 4th gear at the low end of the rev band and especially bad when the car is half way between fully warm and cold.

It does happen when out cruising along the road in 6th ... I only have 3 months warranty so need this sorted ASAP...

Any help greatly appreciated

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/10/2008 at 19:17

05 2.2 2.2 i-cdti juddering - Statistical outlier
The 2.2 is a very smooth engine. There are many on here much more knowledgeable than I, but I reckon you have a dual mass flywheel problem. This probably explains why the car was being sold. You need to get shot or have them sort it ASAP.
05 2.2 i-cdti juddering - grease monkey
hi smickers,what sort of milage do you have on the crv as there has been issues with driveshafts on the cdti models which have covered over 75k which creates a juddering type sensation !
Car only has 30k on it and its not a judder through the clutch its more of a hesitation when driving in town plus it will not go above 35.7 mpg and thats me and the wife driving real easy !!!! think the two things are linked and I'm thinking injectors or EGR valve ... Any other thoughts ?
05 2.2 i-cdti juddering - Collos25
They don't like dirty airfilters.When I bought a 2.2 accord 2005 recently although it had full Honda service history the airfilter had never been changed from new it was a different vehicle when changed.
But you should not be sorting it out take it back it could be the clutch or drive shafts.

Edited by Andy Bairsto on 23/10/2008 at 09:12

Thanks all for the advice ... got it back from the garage today and of course there is nothing wrong with it !!!

It must be bad cos my wife has felt it also .... especially 1500 revs 4th gear in traffic just as you come off the accelerator then back on to accelerate its very sluggish like its running out of diesel then it picks up and everything is ok ... plus MPG is 35 on a run surely this cannot be normal ...

Going back in to the dealers for them to drive round for 3 days in it .....

If they can't find the fault it'll be swapped for something else which is a pity cause I sold a really good Altea TDI Sport for this car as I've always wanted one ... Ahhhh
05 2.2 i-cdti juddering - oilrag
Let`s hope the dealer isn`t spinning out the agreed 10 days you have in which to swap it.

Any chance of contacting the previous owner to see if it was Px`d in desperation, at either an untracable fault, or known big bill?

Have already spoken to the dealer about exchange ... they have one more chance to fix then I get it changed ...!

Previous owner was a company car fleet lease firm by the looks of it ...

Put some injector cleaner in to night seems to have helped a bit ...

We'll see what happens ... I can always flog it on ...!
Took it to a honda dealer paid my £30 for the diagnostic test and they discovered it has the modified EGR valve but not the modified ECU software ... Now driving a lot better than it was !

MPG now upto 38 round town and no judder ...!

Time for a chip I think
05 2.2 i-cdti juddering - pmustang
I am searching the web for help with a problem I am having, it sounds similar but not 100% the same,

I have a judder and sudden drop in revs when I come to a stop when depressing the brake, It is not all the time but alway when coming to a stop. I have not noticed the drop in revs or judder at speed.

Two dealers have said it is nothing but the car almost stalls when it does this and makes driving a bit annoying as well as dangerous.

Any suggestion most welcome.

thanks .Peter
05 2.2 i-cdti juddering - pmustang
So sorry should have mentioned, 2006, 6 spd, deisel and 14k miles.

Peter