What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Seat squeaking after service?Help!! - strange but true
My mini has come back from its service. I have been trying to get a fault rectified for the last few rears. Each time I mention it on the service it has not been put right.(thats a slightly different issue I am currently trying to get them to address).

Anyhoo,the problem was to do with the driver seat back getting stuck in the forward position,intermittently.

They haven't fixed it,but they may have looked at both seats.

When I drove it home along bumpy roads,there was a very annoying sqreaking sound coming from what I think was the passenger seat..sounds like very sqreaky noisy suspension,quite irritating. What can I do-it wasn't like this BEFORE i sent it to them.Help.
Seat squeaking after service?Help!! - Ian (Cape Town)
I have been trying to get a
fault rectified for the last few rears.

Massive Freudian slip there SBT!
Seat squeaking after service?Help!! /Seat backs - strange but true
lol-I gave up checking my posts years ago-I have a couple of keys missing..er its a pain in the.. rear . to go over them and put the letter in..
Actually i just rang mini and a very nice lady told me there was a problem with minis of mines age seat backs-it is well known-waiting for anothe call-also told her about the squak thats developed.

What amazes me is that after 3 years-she is the only one who seemed to know about this!!
Hopefully it will be put right.
Seat squeaking after service?Help!! /Seat backs - Andrew-T
>she is the only one who seemed to know about this<

hmmm - sounds to me like the old 'had to tell 4 others this morning that we don't get any call for those' story. Sometimes persuades mild-mannered customers that nothing can be done about it (which may be true, of course) ...
Seat squeaking after service?Help!! /Seat backs - strange but true
She made the excuse that the staff were fairly new,but i would assume that these known faults are on record somewhere..hmm..won't be buying from again,although the Manager Lady freely volunteered this info,she didn't presumably have to tell me.
Seat squeaking after service?Help!! /Seat backs - rtj70
When I had a Golf GTi 1.8T (MkIV) the driver seat developed a squeak which was easy to recreate. Local dealer found some of the material used to hold the seat back springs in place was rubbing (probably plastic). They replaced the bits and the trouble went away. I think they needed to unpick some of the stitching on the seat to do the work.

Not sure how long the fix lasted because the car was stolen a few months later.