What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Chrysler Neon Auto - Richard Mundell
I think your breakdown needs updating. My Neon 2.0 LX Auto reg 1/3/01 seems to have 4 speeds in the gearbox!
Re: Chrysler Neon Auto - honest john
Will update then. It's curious because Euro spec new shape Neons always had 4 speeds, but the first UK spec new shapes had three.

HJ
Re: Chrysler Neon Auto - Paul Cracknell
My Neon brochure obtainedin December 2000 shows a four speed automatic gearbox in the technical specification, apparantly this started from the 2001 model year.
Re: Chrysler Neon Auto - David Lacey
They are truly hateful little cars just like the PT Cruiser! Yuk!!
Re: Chrysler Neon Auto - honest john
Has David driven a PT Cruiser? Makes a lot more sense than a VW new Beetle. But the jury is out on what the market will think of them in a couple of years time. Jeremy Clarkson scattered a few spores of rot on that subject in the ST a few weeks ago. Right now Cruisers are hard to get and fetching huge money used. Might not be the same next summer.

HJ
Re: Chrysler Neon Auto - David Lacey
I have driven a PT Cruiser HJ but the looks from the pavement I got driving through town was almost too much to take! People were pointing and laughing - it looks sooo ridiculous. But it drove quite well I thought but I really couldn't live with those looks! Sorry