Private Car Leasing - Beepbeep
In the market for a new medium sized estate and would like to know if anyone leases privately instead of buying.
Any Pro,s/Con,s plus can anyone recommend a leasing company that will supply to private sector.

Many thanks
Private Car Leasing - I'm a Pane
Try Lingscars - interesting website, but very professional service. Prices and range of cars are good, although some models/makes/options seem to have long waits for delivery, particularly Vauxhalls. Only thing that put me off using them was I had a newish part-ex that their subsiduary wouldn't take for me, and I couldn't afford the time/agro of selling privately first.
Private Car Leasing - movilogo
Cons of leasing:

You never own the car.
You need to insure it, as if it is your own car [some insurers won't insure you]
You need to service it.
You need to take care of every scratch - they will examine with a microscope when you hand the car back after lease ends
If you underestimate your mileage, you'll pay heavy penalty
If you want to break contract in early stages, you pay a hefty penalty
You can't modify anything (although not many people want to modify their cars anyway)

Pros of leasing:

Good only if you change cars in every 1-2 years.

Let's see other BRs views

Edited by movilogo on 28/04/2008 at 17:39

Private Car Leasing - rtj70
"Lingscars"

Wasn't that the chinese lady on Dragon's Den that they didn't invest in. Not commenting on her company but just that she'd been on Dragon's Den...

Just looked at that "interesting" website and indeed it is.... I'd not buy online from someone with such a poor website.
Private Car Leasing - Beepbeep
Looked at a few Lease companies websites including this one and they are a minefield. All sorts of small print such as no maintainence, high initial payments, etc. The headline lease price is very tempting until you read on.
Can anyone help with a recomendation.
Private Car Leasing - I'm a Pane
"Lingscars"
Not quite rtj70-the Dragons offered to invest but she refused them!! Look beyond the website to the information and upfront ways of explaining the deals on offer and the OP might find something of use. There are always going to be get out clauses with a lease/hire deal, but if you are not interested in owning a car, just the use of it for a set time, and like a new model every 2/3 years then it can make sense.
Private Car Leasing - blue_haddock
If i remember rightly to my leasing days i remember that lings husband is a bigwig for one of the lease firms and so she hops on his gravy train so to speak. Still she does offer what appear to be some very good deals.