Strong Stuff - Steve S
I quote the recent Telegraph HJ column - "On current form I wouldn't be considering anything built in Solihull". Superb. Good to see unequivocal guidance for buyers rather than the usual caveats or "you may have been unlucky" nonsense. If there are vehicles with a more consistent history of appalling build quality and unreliability they certainly don't come with Land Rover price tags. Is Ford going to be the saviour? The signs appear good with Jaguar. If anyone still hankers for the pre-Ford Jag days, they obviously didn't spend enough time waiting for the AA.
Strong Stuff - Ian (Cape Town)
I seem to recall there was a joke on the following lines:
What are the only 2 man-made structures visible from space?
1) The great wall of china
2) The gaps between Landrover panels
Strong Stuff - johnCD
I couldn't agree more Steve. It's a mystery to me why thousands of otherwise intelligent people buy a L.R. product (like my friend who did as many miles in the Garage's loan car as his own Discovery in the first six months) yet remain firmly convinced they've been unlucky and they go back to the L.R. dealer and REPEAT THE EXPERIENCE. Why?
Strong Stuff - BrianW
It's all down to image.
The general public see Land Rovers on film bouncing through Africa up to their axles in swamp or savannah and are impressed with their ruggedness.
They go along to their local dealers, buy a Range Rover or Discovery and only realise later that it isn't the same vehicle.