What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Implications for vehicle duty for 4.0 Explorer - dodo
Hi
Will the budget vehicle licence change affect my neighbour's 1995 Ford Explorer (?) 4.0 V8? Its a great big thing so might not be an Explorer! Used weekly to ferry a heavy boat a a few mileshe is panicking. I told him not to panic as its pre 2001. Am I right?
Implications for vehicle duty for 4.0 Explorer - stunorthants26
Last 1990's Explorer I drove was a straight 6 but maybe your neighbour has an import?

The time will come when they pounce on him, no doubt. Panic in time, sell now!
Implications for vehicle duty for 4.0 Explorer - Screwloose
Last 1990's Explorer I drove was a straight 6

V6 surely?
Yes your right, I was confusing it with I think the 90's Jeeps with the 4.0 which Im fairly sure was a straight 6. Just knew it wasnt a V8, too slow for that!

Yes; the Jeep 4.0 was a straight six - the only good thing to be said about it was that it was better than their awful diesel....

I don't know why; but I quite like the old Exploder - for some odd reason.
Implications for vehicle duty for 4.0 Explorer - dodo
Just went round and checked -yes its a V6 Explorer. In excellent condition he offered it to me for £250! Worth a punt on ebay?
If he will give it to you for £250 id take it and stick it on ebay the day you get the V5 through, its worth £1000 unless its a real shed, but road legal most large 4x4's make about that without trying.
Implications for vehicle duty for 4.0 Explorer - SpamCan61 {P}
The band G excise duty only applies to vehicles registered after March 2006.

Implications for vehicle duty for 4.0 Explorer - flunky
The band G excise duty only applies to vehicles registered after March 2006.

but from next April, large cars registered since March 2001 are getting hammered.

Why doesn't he keep it; sure the road tax is going up £15, but that can't be significant in relation to the amount of fuel tax it pays a year...?