2007 1.4L - First Service costs? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
We have got a 1.4l Getz Gsi with air conditioning, which is coming up to its first annual service at 5500 miles.
Supplying dealer quoted £200 to include a filter in the air conditioning. SWMBO will not go for that price. It is more expensive than a Passat service.

Must be joking surely.
I'd have thought £100 max for an oil change and safety inspection.

Any suggestions to reduce the price and retain the warranty? We live in the Chesterfield area.

(year & engine size added to subject line as per the ignored requests)

Edited by Webmaster on 13/03/2008 at 12:36

2007 1.4L - First Service costs? - wagonr
i assume the dealer is a.......d,not the cheapest for servicing,
why not buy oil and air con filter from supplying dealer,then use a vat registered independent
garage to do the service
i do not think this should affect the warranty
2007 1.4L - First Service costs? - daveyjp
Ask for a breakdown of the costs to see where they are ripping you off. For £200 either the oil, aircon filter or labour are completely OTT.
I know that a VAT registered garage can do the service using Hyundai parts.

But knowing what parts might be tricky. Think the handbook is quite comprehensive- I'll check.
I guess oil, filter and astonishingly, at the mileage, a pollen filter for air conditioning.

Garage knocked off £30 to not change the pollen filter.

But will an independent have the training to note any problems?
Local VAT registered independent has quoted between £110 and £130 depending on whether semi or fully synthetic oil was needed. They are aware that Hyundai parts etc are to be used. A risk I know but meets the warranty conditions.

2007 1.4L - First Service costs? - maddog999
2008 1.1 GSi Getz - no air con. £320 + for first service. (£90 for two front tyres). Will not be returning to Hyundai for servicing. (£109 for same service on Ford Focus ST 2.5 litre Turbo at dealership). Who says big cars are expensive to run?
2007 1.4L - First Service costs? - HyundaiOwnersClubAdmin
Hyundai cars are cheap but the service and parts are not. I think you will find that you do not need to use Hyundai parts-just ones made to the original specifications of the Hyundai parts.

Edited by HyundaiOwnersClubAdmin on 20/06/2009 at 00:22