What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
04 1.6 Titanium tyre pressures - tonyrees68
hi
Ford Focus 1.6 115 54 Titanuim 3 door
What should the tyre pressures be the tyres are michelin 205/55 v 16 sphp
i cant for the life of me find out what the ideal pressure should be
thank you for any help
tony

I know its difficult to spot the requests for engine/year details in the subject line, so I've done it for you.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 19/02/2008 at 18:54

04 1.6 Titanium tyre pressures - Dynamic Dave
This any good?

www.dunloptyres.co.uk/fandp/pressureGuide

04 1.6 Titanium tyre pressures - bikerider
Are the tyre pressures not on a sticker in either of the front doors?
04 1.6 Titanium tyre pressures - trevoryz426
2.1 bar fornt and rear
04 1.6 Titanium tyre pressures - jc2
Some have the stickers in glove-box or on fuel flap.
04 1.6 Titanium tyre pressures - Pugugly {P}
Fuel flap on the 57 Titanium I had a as hire car a couple of weeks back.
yes thanks all the sticker is on the door post (doh)
thanks again
04 1.6 Titanium tyre pressures - MikeTorque
The doors sticker gives general pressures, you want the exact pressures for Michelin tyres and these can be obtained at :
www.michelin.co.uk

They are 30 psi all round for Normal driving for the 1.6 petrol engine, otherwise 35 psi front and 41 psi rear for fully laden. Focus tyre pressure needs to be spot on to get the best ride.
hi Mike thanks for that thread
just wondering about fully laden/high speed pressure,
is high speed pressure - legal motorway driving for a few hours,or much higher speeds.
And also is 2 adults and one small child with weekend luggage classed as fully laden
i travel from wales to london down the M4 a lot with said family and would i need the higher pressures for this type of journey
thanks again
regards tony
04 1.6 Titanium tyre pressures - MikeTorque
Ask Michelin what they mean is the answer to your questions, although normal usually means up to 3 adults in the car, plus tank of fuel and normal UK motorway legal speed. The load you mention sounds like it fits into the normal category for tyre pressures, just add an extra psi front and back if you want to make sure you're ok. If you drive the continent at higher than UK legal speeds then increase tyre pressures according to Michelins advice as per their high speed advice.

The bottom line it is about preventing a blow out or excessive tyre wear due to the car being loaded at more than the tyre is designed to handle for a given tyre pressure, plus maximise fuel economy, braking distance, grip etc.