What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2004 TDCi Oil Filter Housing - Cookie1953
Hi, advice please on location of oil filter. Assume access from underneath and which f/whee to remove to get at it. Seems to be little room without jacking car up?

Seasons Greetings!

DC
2004 TDCi Oil Filter Housing - kithmo
It's at the front of the engine, can be removed from underneath with a 36mm socket if it's tight. no need to remove wheels. If you have a full bottom engine cover you will have to remove that, but not the front splash cover.
-----------------------------------------------
2005 Ford Mondeo Zetec 2.0 TDCi 130ps
Thanks Kith.
DC
2004 TDCi Oil Filter Housing - injection doc
Don't forget to take care when placing rubber seal plus a dab of grease is advisable on seal. I have known these seals to blow out if not positioned correctley.
Doc

Hi Doc?

Help Please,

I have annoying vibration at most speeds coming from underside engine bay area. Noticable on acceleration and cured for 3 weeks after Transmission oil changed??? Then it returned.

Underside engine has front cover only not a full cover. Garage told me they had to remove this to get to gearbox, is it possible its worked loose and that is causing vibration?

Any Idea's suggestions please.

Thanks

Cookie1953

2004 TDCi Oil Filter Housing - injection doc

Its worth checking all the plastic covers , but I would check the engine/gearbox mounts and drive shafts.

I suspect one of the mounts has gone soft and sunk

2004 TDCi Vibration - Cookie1953

Doc

2004 TDCi Vibration - Cookie1953

Doc,

Yes you were correct, the vibration was coming from the plastic Air intake! A self tapping scew has cured it 90%.

Would you know of a way of dating a Ford Part (Pollen Filter) its condition makes me think it was not changed last service.

Thanks

Cookie