What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1997 1.3 - water in NSF footwell - b6een
My better halfs 1997 Ford Ka 1.3 has a water leak on the NSF only, I have sealed around the windscreen , but this did not work, so dont know if its the door seal or the inside of the wing, the car does not have a sunroof, all other footwells are ok.

There is another site which states this as a common fault, they want £12 to register before letting you know where the probable fault is, thought ot would be better to try the cheaper option first.

Ed

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 14/12/2007 at 01:09

1997 Ford Ka water in NSF footwell - Screwloose

£12 for the answer.... Hmm... I'm missing a trick here....

Have a look behind the wheel arch liner. [You'll have to release a few fixings to pull it out a bit.] There's a seam where the inner wing meets the door post - that can leak. Plaster it with Waxoyl.

Sunroof drains can block and do this too; but it's unlikely that you've got one.
1997 1.3 - water in NSF footwell - jayeastanglia
also check the door seal as they split.also have a look under the car just in case u have a bit of rot on the floorpan as KA do rot badly in some areas.
1997 1.3 - water in NSF footwell - bell boy
saw a ka the other week with a full webasto cloth sunroof fitted,i looked to see if the windscreen was cracked but it wasnt so you may well be able to fit an aftermarket leaky sunroof if you wish,just dont try it on an old avenger

back to the story so far.........

if you take the plastic scuttle trim out being careful not to crack the windscreen as the plastic is in a game of two halves,you will probably find that you have corrosion on the bulkhead here where it meets the heater fan and the pollen filter.lashings of gob should do the trick as a structural repair on a ka of this vintage would be uneconomic
they do corrode where the floor meets the bulkhead as well so worth checking as saided.
The old hole in the floor pan with a sharp screwdriver should do as a cheapest repair,put rubber mat over while counting small change and driving though and also warn passengers to watch out for frozen sheet of ice if they enter feet first during our current ice age period as it is at the mo (global moaning must be on its jollies)