What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2002 - Bonnet lock stuck - kestrel
Does anyone have any advice regarding my bonnet lock, its is stuck and will not open. I only have 1 key, the one that operates the central locking etc. Have tried to open with no luck it seems to be jammed shut.

{year picked up from a previous post of yours}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 26/11/2007 at 20:41

Bonnet lock stuck - Fullchat
Is it the one with the key in the grill? See my posting re Ford Focus Bonnet Lock on the 24th Nov. (No responses yet). What year is the car? Does the key turn in the lock but nothing happen. If this is the case the attaching bar between the lock and the release mechanism may have come adrift thereby giving the impression that the bonnet is stuck.
If the end has come off at the lock end then all is not lost! You will need to get on your knees and peer through the grill around the badge area. You should see the rod hanging down. Now for some fishing!! Get a good sized allen key or something L shaped. manipulate the rod upwards to where you can feed the key through the grill. The end of the rod will have a U shape on it which has come off behind the lock. Fee the L shape into the U shape and using some form of grip on the key on your side of the grill twist left to release the bonnet catch and then right so you can then lift the bonnet completely.
If its your lock thats seized then it a WD 40 job to free it off.
--
Fullchat
Bonnet lock stuck - kestrel
Problem solved.I purchased a new key from Ford,it did not do the trick.I then spent 2 hours trying to solve the problem,don't ask.After trying the new key in all the other locks and finding it fitted none of them i filed a small amount off the front of the key,hey presto.

Many thanks all the same Fullchat