What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Theft from car - no sign of entry. Possible? - Martin_T
We parked our 2003 Mondeo today in a car park just outside a small village in the New Forest. We locked the car before leaving. When we returned the car was still locked but two handbags had been stolen from the boot.

There were no signs of any forced entry. Is this possible?
Theft from car - no sign of entry. Possible? - Screwloose
Martin

There are devices that can simulate your remote; that's just the sort of place that would be the haunt of those that use them.

It may seem a silly question; but was there any concealed CCTV at that car park. theft from cars and fly-tipping can prompt such installations. It might be worth contacting the local council's EH dept.
Theft from car - no sign of entry. Possible? - Martin_T
That sounds a likely explanation. It was a quiet car park and lots of cover. Feel a bit of an idiot in hindsight.

Good tip regarding the cctv I will check that out on Monday.

Theft from car - no sign of entry. Possible? - Stuartli
My best mate had the Ford ICE unit stolen from his then Y-reg Mondeo.

It had been fully locked, was under a lamp post just three or four yards to the property he visited, yet was broken into (I won't go into the method used for obvious reasons); the alarm did not activate.

Afterwards he learned from the police when he reported the incident that such similar non-alarmed activated break-ins occurred on a regular basis from both Mondeo and Focus models.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Theft from car - no sign of entry. Possible? - jacks
Yes it's possible

do a youtube search on "Auto jigglers"

There's plenty of people showcasing their "skills" & they pride themselves on being able to enter and relock without leaving any trace.

J
Theft from car - no sign of entry. Possible? - bell boy
scum always find a way,they probably watched as you put the bags in the boot as well,
i posted a few weeks ago about these scum practising on scrap yard new car doors in the comfort of their front rooms
Theft from car - no sign of entry. Possible? - normd2
a few weeks ago I locked myself out of my Toyota - took me about half-an-hour to work out how to get in without doing any damage. i'll bet the average toe-rag would do it in less than 30 seconds...
Theft from car - no sign of entry. Possible? - The_Flexible_Flaw
Strange coincidence. I was at work earlier, and a young part time female colleague asked me if a minibus fob could open a BMW.

At first I thought she said "Could a Mini fob open a BMW", you know what I was thinking there.

But no, in a coastal car park in almost the middle of nowhere a BMW was unlocking to the blips on their College's minibus keyfob.