What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
'98 - Engine Cutting out at high speed/revs - AndrewMarc
Hi all

The subject spells it out really.

At high speed (>60mph) the engine intermittently stutter for a second and then regains power.

I have checked the normal fluids (I am not a mechanic by any stretch) but wondered if it is something obvious

I am currently running a couple of mile to work and on short B road runs it is fine

please help

Booted over from discussion -PU
'98 - Engine Cutting out at hight speed/revs - Screwloose

Loads of possibilities; but has the fuel filter been changed in the last few years?
'98 - Engine Cutting out at hight speed/revs - bell boy
had a ka do this last week and forgot to sort it
i would have thought it was a ht lead /s
got a punko doing the same this week and will change plugs and leads first as these are the cheapest first options especially as the leads look originals
'98 - Engine Cutting out at hight speed/revs - AndrewMarc
I dont know if the fuel filter has been changed - it has been serviced a couple of times in last couple of years so if this is standard then prob yes - if not is it easy to change - I have a haynes manual and can do things that take a little common sense but nought much more technical

Sorry but I dont know what - ht lead /s - means

Thanks in advance
'98 - Engine Cutting out at hight speed/revs - bell boy
they go to the plugs at the front of the engine,if you change them yourself do one at a time so you put them back in the right order
'98 - Engine Cutting out at hight speed/revs - AndrewMarc
thanks for that bell boy