The UK?s least depreciating cars - Chris White
Interesting article on MSN today of the UK's 20 least depreciating cars

tinyurl.com/2lz5g8

Chris
The UK?s least depreciating cars - MichaelR
Did they just make these figures up or what? Absolutely pathetic, misleading article.

Merc SLK - worth 49% after 3 years. Really? You mean I can buy a 54 plate new shape SLK at 3 years old for £15k? No, of course I can't. You can't even get them for less than £20k.

Merc C Class? Again, 49%? huh? same residuals as an SLK? So if you spend £30k on a C Class and £30k on an SLK they will be worth the same in 3 years time? Yea right!

BMW 3 Series Convertible and Coupe with the SAME residuals? On which planet? Not this one.

The rest of the figures are a bit dubious as well, how on earth is a 1 Series one of the least depreciating cars you can buy? Where is AM V8 which appears to APPRECIATE for its first year?

Utter drivel.
The UK?s least depreciating cars - Chris White
MichaelR - chill :-)

You can find 3-yr old SLKs for £15k (previous shape) and you'll find decent C-Class Mercs 3-yrs old for between £9K-£10K (obviously not the shape that they show in the picture because it's only just been released)

On MSN I don't think it's meant as a definitive guide, I just though it was interesting is all.

Chris
The UK?s least depreciating cars - MichaelR
Previous shape is that much (And rare at that price) becuase its previous shape. They are using projected figures for current shape cars.

I will eat my hat if 54 plate SLK200's are available easily for £15k-£17k in September.
The UK?s least depreciating cars - PhilDews
Don't forget future value is what you will get for the car when you sell it, not what you would pay to buy it..

So the Merc that you bought for 30K 3years ago, should get you 15-17K as a trade in. So if they are advertised at £20K, then thats probably not far off the mark....

The UK?s least depreciating cars - doctorchris
There is depreciation as a percentage of list price, then there is actual depreciation in pounds Sterling which is the loss you take between buying the car and trading it in. Bet these 20 cars don't win on actual pounds Sterling lost over 3 years. Give me a Fiat Panda any day.
The UK?s least depreciating cars - flunky
That the top 20 retians just 44% is a rather scary statistic for new car buyers. This supposed to be a GOOD number. God forbid I had a car in the bottom 20.
The UK?s least depreciating cars - drbe
Perhaps even more important, which are the worst (or most) depreciating cars?
The UK?s least depreciating cars - Keith S
Lets not forget the fact that a lot of these cars need lots of optional extras and the survey is only based on list price. Whearas your average Renault has all the toys and a big discount from list to boot.
The UK?s least depreciating cars - flunky
Quite, I have no idea why they don't base the depreciation on a typical discounted price. No discounts on a mini, but you can get £3-£4k off some of its competitors.
The UK?s least depreciating cars - stunorthants26
I bought a Metro once for £1 and sold it for £85 so id say that ways a pretty good car for depreciation!