Vw Passat TDI (2002) Loss of coolant - night hawk

I have a VW Passat TDI which about 5 weeks ago started loosing a litre plus of coolant every 3 days (lots of motorway use) and slight loss of power.Took it to garage who did pressure test ,every think o.k.Continued to loose coolant and recently found oil in filler reservoir,garage said very likely head gasket blown,Two weeks and lots of money later head gasket replaced,head skimmed ,new water pump etc,appeared to be ok , power better and no loss of coolant.Two days later driving home on motorway temp gauge went onto red signalling loss of coolant,on checking later coolant reservoir empty,needed litre /half to refill exact same problem as before.It will be back in garage tomorrow!!!. Any ideas please ????.
Vw Passat TDI (2002) Loss of coolant - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
My 2002 model Passat PD TDi was losing water last year at ~87,000 miles. The radiator was leaking due to corrosion.Albeit only around a cup full per month. A replacement sorted the leak for me.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.

Many thanks for your assistance,I will let you know the outcome.

Nighthawk
Vw Passat TDI (2002) Loss of coolant - Hamsafar
A common problem is the oil cooler.....

forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=178557&highlig...r
Vw Passat TDI (2002) Loss of coolant - v8man
If the head needed skimming the engine must have overheated badly.
--
\"Nothing less than 8 cylinders will do\"
Vw Passat TDI (2002) Loss of coolant - TurboD
What no cracks in the head?
would expect them on a diesel after a few years and all that hammering and they then leak.
I reckon on a new head would be a start- sorry( from my experiences of VW diesels)

Thanks TurboD,I will let you know the outcome when the car is in the garage.

Nighthawk

Thanks for all the replies ,I will let you know the outcome.

Nighthawk.

Vw Passat TDI (2002) Loss of coolant - sinbad
hello mate any updates on what was causing the problem on your car as im having the same problems. My mech has told me to replace the oil cooler as there is oil in the reservoir. Another mech says that it might need a head gasket. Ive already had the water pump, thermostat and cambelt replaced.
Vw Passat TDI (2002) Loss of coolant - TurboD
could well be the head, cracked , even tiny ones, certainly after 100K miles.
Unless there are pools of water under the mptor. Water does not vanish- it goes into steam. Matter cannot be created or destroyed.
Hi Mate ,

Sorry about the delay, my problem was two fold,your mech was right the oil cooler caused the HG to blow,the car had to go back to the garage and have another hg and they changed the oil cooler!!.

Nighthawk