What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New alloys for ford ka. Which ones ? - graham woods
Hi all, I am after a nice set of alloys for my ford ka to replace the 13" steel ones that are on it at the moment, with nasty trims. Can any one please advise me what size could I go to without it upseting it, i.e. I would not want it rubbing the arches. Would 14" or 15" fit o.k. Would it in anyway affect the handling at all, for better or worse.And would it mess the speedo reading up. I wish to go for alloys as the nasty steel ones really spoil the look of the car overhaul. It is a black for ka, with body coloured bumpers on a 53 plate( 2003). Any advice please, Halfords seem to have some good deals. Thank all, Graham Woods.
New alloys for ford ka. Which ones ? - mss1tw
Had 15" wheels on my mk4 Fiesta with no problems. No speedo issues as the lower tyre profile means the total circumference is the same.
New alloys for ford ka. Which ones ? - henry k
What does the insurance company say?
H there, Henry k, I would not think it would affect it as a lot of them have them fitted as standard by ford. But I may be wrong, Cheers for the reply, Graham.
New alloys for ford ka. Which ones ? - Dynamic Dave
I would not think it would affect it as a lot of them have them fitted as standard by ford.

Depends on the trim level as to whether alloys or steels were fitted at time of leaving the production line. The insurance companies would have records of what cars were fitted with what type of wheels. Adding something that's not standard fitment, (whether it be alloys, different style / size of alloys, a spoiler, a go faster stripe) *could* put your car into a different theft risk catagory - in short contact your insurance company to be on the safe side.
Thanks for advice, D.D. I will give them a buzz on monday and see what they say. Cheers, Graham.
Hi there, Are these the same fitting as a ford ka then, and did it affect the ride comfort in any way for better or worse. Cheer for fast reply, Graham.
New alloys for ford ka. Which ones ? - mss1tw
Hi there Are these the same fitting as a ford ka
then and did it affect the ride comfort in any way
for better or worse. Cheer for fast reply Graham.

I expect so, they are the same chassis I'm 99% sure.

Ride comfort, it felt different (Not bad, just different) going over speedbumps but I guess that's due to the different weight and less tyre height.

Handling wise, they were great, on standard, worn out suspension.
Thanks mss1tw for the info, Cheers, graham.
New alloys for ford ka. Which ones ? - Another John H
If you buy a non standard wheel size there is a tyre size calculator in the information on this site.

www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

The cheaper option is getting the correct Ford trims for the existing wheels, something like 15 UKP each, and even if the existing wheels are damaged they are "only" 20 odd UKP at Ford dealer prices.
Hi there, Another John H, Blimey what an informative site on tyres, Thanks very much, Graham.