VW Bora 1.6 S - lucyandneil
Hi there everyone,

Just bought one of these today. 1 previous owner, 15k on the clock, 04 registration, £6495 from an approved dealer. Really excited about it, got a pretty good deal for my old car too. Picking it up next Tuesday, but not sure I can wait that long!

Has anybody had any experience of these cars? What did you think of it?

Cheers
VW Bora 1.6 S - Stuartli
I have a 1999 Bora 1.6 16V SE (2000 year model) - it cost me just over £6,000 four years ago.

The price is right on the nail so you might well have been able to negotiate a discount.

Mine has done 60,400k (46k when acquired|) and has been trouble free so far.

Solid, reassuring cars but not the world's most exciting "driver's cars" - however I've been through all that and, as with two previous Jettas, wanted something with build quality that will last me for a large proportion of my retirement.

In fact I got the Bora for very little more than I would have paid for a Vento thanks to a friend who runs a used car business.

Regarding the build quality, one of my son's friend's wife, who was driving a Rover 200, saw my car soon after I bought it and insisted her husband bought her one, also in Silver Reflex. I found one for him but with the diesel unit and she's still thrilled with it to this day because of the safety angle for their youngsters.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
VW Bora 1.6 S - jag
have a 03 1.9tdipd 100hp, good solid car,quiet,plenty of grunt, comfortable.
good dual cerriageway/motorway cruiser but wallows a bit on the twisty bits.
overall well pleased with it. jag.
VW Bora 1.6 S - lucyandneil
Thanks guys, thats pretty much what I've heard from the reviews.

I'm currently driving a much smaller car (around 50 bhp) so you can imagine what it felt like to be sat behind the wheel of a car with a little bit of powerbehind it on the test drive! And theres also something about the VW workmanship on the car. The word 'refined' comes to mind. My brother in law has a MkIV Golf, and I've always been impressed by that car, and the Bora gave me the same feeling, only for muh cheaper!

Bit gutted that I pick it up Tuesday, and I go away for 4 days on Wednesday, so I won't get the chance to take it for a good spin, but I'll make up for that when I get back.

Thanks again