What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
It's taken the Malaysians a long time.. - Stuartli
...to crack a nut....:-)

tinyurl.com/2vpgmk

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
It's taken the Malaysians a long time.. - barchettaman
........Clarkson's disdain for the Kelisa was also expressed in an article in Top Gear magazine, in which he wrote that the car's name sounded like a disease and suggested it was "built in the jungles by people who wear leaves for shoes"..........

magic stuff.

It's taken the Malaysians a long time.. - Lud
Distastefully rude in my opinion, and a bit of a waste of breath too. Seems to me there's a point where mischief becomes offensive.
It's taken the Malaysians a long time.. - bell boy
having had the displeasure of driving a 3 cylinder one of these last year i can honestly say its the worst car ive ever ever driven (low mileage as well) i would rather go for a drive on a 3 wheeled trolley jack than have another spin in one of those
i had it in for a rear end bump by the way and there was nothing behind the rear bumper for energy distortion so the rear wing came out like a semaphore. It was a 2mph bump caused by the old dears own son in his daewoo behind her
It's taken the Malaysians a long time.. - DavidHM
Clarkson's delivery borders on the racist sometimes and I don't approve of that, even if it's meant (mostly) without malice.

The thing is that he's absolutely right about the Kelisa. I saw one parked in a row of mostly nondescript superminis and it stood out like a McLaren SLR would, only for all the wrong reasons.

06 plate, with a dealer sticker advertising it as a special offer for only £4,695 (though it was on street parking), dirty, dented, and tired looking.

Perhaps it's for people who want a CityRover but can't afford one?
It's taken the Malaysians a long time.. - Leif
Clarkson's delivery borders on the racist sometimes and I don't approve
of that, even if it's meant (mostly) without malice.

As time goes by the Top Gear trio become more and more like a triple act from a Northern working men's club stuck in the 70's.
It's taken the Malaysians a long time.. - bell boy
As time goes by the Top Gear trio become more and
more like a triple act from a Northern working men's club
stuck in the 70's.

hey...............i resemble that remark ;-}
It's taken the Malaysians a long time.. - Leif
Distastefully rude in my opinion, and a bit of a waste of breath too. Seems to me there's a point where mischief
becomes offensive.

That has been Clarkson's style for 20+ years and I doubt he is going to change any time soon. At least he did not make references to swinging between trees, and eating bananas. He must be mellowing with (middle) age. Anyway, does anyone really take his views seriously? Surely he is the clown we all like to laugh at. After all, he is a stinking rich fat lazy middle aged male who likes fast cars and pretends to hate animals, the countryside, conservation, and any other vaguely green issue. (He is actually a member of the RSPB if I recall correctly. And plants seeds to grow crops to feed dicky birds. Probably secretly camps outside Greenham Common with the bearded 'peace wimmin'. I'm sure he will soon announce to the world that he is to undergo a sex-change, and that he is a lesbian. It would not surprise me.)
It's taken the Malaysians a long time.. - mss1tw
You never see him and Ann Widdecoombe in the same room.....
It's taken the Malaysians a long time.. - L'escargot
"He is like a soccer commentator, he does not play the game but knows the technical aspects of the game," Suliman said.

That's being kind to him! He thinks that the be all and end all of acceleration is torque at the engine, and apparently isn't aware that it's torque at the wheels that really matters. He appears to me to be a journalist with little or no technical knowledge of cars.
--
L\'escargot.
It's taken the Malaysians a long time.. - Jim M
Malaysian elections coming soon, standard politician's "smoke and mirrors".

Rgs

Jim
It's taken the Malaysians a long time.. - barchettaman
Similar reaction in Korea a couple of years ago after TG did their piece on all Korean cars being rubbish (apart from the Hyundai Coupé IIRC)
It's taken the Malaysians a long time.. - jase1
Similar reaction in Korea a couple of years ago after TG
did their piece on all Korean cars being rubbish (apart from
the Hyundai Coupé IIRC)

Yeessssss. Rather cunningly ignoring the (then) new Rio and choosing to review the old one instead. And the worst they could say about the (very well put together) Picanto was that it must have been cheap to build (so where does that leave Daihatsu?), and the Getz was "like a VW Polo inside" (can't say I agree with that, but still), but that it cost the same as a Polo (which it doesn't) so therefore it must be cr@p because it doesn't have the VW badge.

No problem with JC having a go, but he really should go to journalism school to learn how to get his facts straight first...

(And no, I'm not bitter about the ribbing I got over owning an Accent at work after that piece either!!).
It's taken the Malaysians a long time.. - flynn
You never see him and Ann Widdecoombe in the same room.....

That's a totally unfair insinuation and unacceptable rumour-mongering. On the other hand... there's no smoke without fire.
It's taken the Malaysians a long time.. - jase1
Exhibit 1: James May reviewing the Kelisa in an earlier Top Gear programme, in which he thought it was, and I paraphrase, "the true spiritual successor to the Mini".

When I saw the JC stunt I nearly spat out my cornflakes. Make your mind up guys!!

I'm not sure I've even seen a Kelisa in the flesh, so I couldn't possibly comment on its quality or otherwise, except to say that I was under the impression it was a part-for-part clone of an old Toyota design (Daihatsu Cuore?), so I'd imagine it would be rather more reliable than the old Mini....
It's taken the Malaysians a long time.. - carl_a
The Kelisa, Nippa or what ever its called, is a rather old car now. The MyVi on the other hand I would prefer to anything the European manufacturers offer in the same class.