What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Cd stuck in Mondeo 6 cd changer - chopper7777

Hi all,

I have put a new cd into my 6 cd changer Ford Mondeo Ghia x 2001 and it swallowed the disc. I ejected all the Cd's but It thinks nothing is left inside but obviously it is. The other dics all play well and my wife emptied the player and put in another 6cd's, They all play fine it is as if the other disc just vanished into thin air.

Any solutions?

Thanks for your advice
Cd stuck in Mondeo 6 cd changer - Simon
Are you sure??? I can't see how a Ford multi disc head unit can lose a whole CD without trace. Where could it possibly hide inside the machine? Given the fact that you can still load another 6 cds in there then I'm not convinced the lost CD is still in there.

Hi Simon,

Yes I am 100% positive but over the weekend I have discovered that disc position number one does not play but sounds really bizarre. I think 2 discs are spinning at once. I can get one out but not the other.

Cheers
Cd stuck in Mondeo 6 cd changer - Carse
Chopper,

Is it the Sony unit? If so it is a known issue and Ford should sort it for you.

Carse
Cd stuck in Mondeo 6 cd changer - cheddar
It will be the Ford 6006 made by Visteon, good quality sound and a fine unit when it is working.

I have had a simlar problem with the unit in my 2002 Ghia X, now replaced with a Pioneer MP3 compatible unit, likewise my dad has periodical problems with his similar unit in his 2002 Focus Ghia.

You can remove the unit, take the top off and gently remove the CD, chances are you will be able to load 6 CDs again and all will be well for a while however it will surely play up again sometime, seems that once these units do play up then there is not much chance of fixing them due to the complexity.

Hi Cheddar,

How much of an effort will it be to take out?

Thanks for your help
You need removal pins, Halfords ones are expensive and flimsy, better from a Ford dealer for around £2, the screws holding the top on the unit are small star head screws, many Swiss Army type knives have these featured nowadays.

Hi Cheddar,

Thanks your a champion, no doubt.

Thanks
Cd stuck in Mondeo 6 cd changer - track
I had a similar issue with a changer in a galaxy where discs were getting jammed. I found that percussive maintance helped a lot which is a bit ironic since its a musical machine.
Basically give it a whack as you press eject on another disc. The stuck disc then drops off the retaining wheel.
Cd stuck in Mondeo 6 cd changer - local yokel
SWMBOs 6006 had similar problems. I removed it from the fascia and took it to the indy ICE repairer that my car audio guy suggested. It took a week and £25 + VAT, and has been fine for 12 months.
took it to the indy ICE repairer that my
car audio guy >>

Contact details?

Thanks.
Hi Cheddar,

Pleased you are sorted, hope it lasts.

Regards.
Cd stuck in Mondeo 6 cd changer - Bob Bond

Try this, empty cd changer, put it back in, see if it finds cd1 the one that's stuck in there, if not tap the cd changer with something hard like the handle of a scrapper, this will jolt the player & possible allow the cd to jump back into the cassette drawer, if you can get the player or the cassette to find the cd u can get it back, if u know for sure what number the lost cd was in ie what drawer it was in, 1 is at the bottom, then fill the other drawers with cds, but not that drawer and allow them to play for a second or 2, if all of them play & the empty 1 doesn't that's the slot with the stuck cd in it, eject the cassette, & put it straight back in, it will automatically open drawer 1 as it does so bang the cassette with the plastic several times, again hopefully this jolting will get the cd to jump back into the drawer, if you have 2 cds in the same slot only 1 can get out but if u leave that slot empty there is a chance u can shock it back, otherwise its take it out take of lid & remove it that way, also get a torch look into the changer with cassette out & see if u can see the cd u may be able to get it out gently with a curved set of surgical pliers the type fishermen use for getting out hooks.

Also banging the cassette whilst pressing the eject button will release a stuck cassette when code CDDJ Error is up, once cassette is out take out all the cds, put in just 4 fresh ones, turn radio system off & car completely, turn it back on & reinsert changer, if its making noises its probably working again, check to see if its accepted a cd & playing, if the code is still showing turn everything off & back on again, it should be working showin 4 cds that are full & 2 empty. if none of this makes ur 6 stack work or eject then its b*****ed, I sorted a few this way.

Cd stuck in Mondeo 6 cd changer - mcb100
I’m thinking that after 12 years he may have moved to digital downloads by now...