What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
New Mini Clubman - BobbyG
www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/207349/...l

Is there a market for a Mini Clubman?

AFAIK, the original Minis were much cheaper comparatively than now and they appealed to a wider "working man" class than now and therefore the Clubman version was a useful MIni to have.

But this new version, only one rear passenger door and the two van-like doors at the rear? Surely the new Mini appeals to the type of buyer whao aspires to have a Cooper S or similar, not to someone who would want the practicality of two swing doors?

Or will BMW produce this in limited numbers to try and make it a cult classic?
New Mini Clubman - Pugugly {P}
It'll sell.
New Mini Clubman - stunorthants26
My mum likes it - stylish and practical, plus its individual - something that is sadly missing in many mainstream cars. Also, the level of personalisation available makes it attractive as you can put your own stamp on it, more so than mainstream offerings.
New Mini Clubman - Baskerville
Even I like this thing and I can't stand the look of the new MINI--so derivative, so banal. But this version looks a lot more modern and original. And you can carry a dog in it.
PS I've been trying to think what that long line of glass down the side reminds me of and I realise now it is the Allegro estate. I still like it.
New Mini Clubman - stevied
Quite cute, like it.

But, on a FAR more important note: does anyone know why Lancia aren't making the new Fulvia? Seems a particularly stupid decision, the response was overwhelmingly positive.... I would have my order in as soon as it was announced!
New Mini Clubman - barchettaman
New Fulvia:

tinyurl.com/3c6ozp

plus a ragtop/tintop version could have replaced the Barchetta (nostalic sigh).
Ah well. Can´t win ´em all.
Lancia deserve to go bankrupt IMHO. What a dreary range of cars they offer.... and when they get the chance to make amends, they don't bother! Numpties.
This is what it says on their website:

"Lancia has decided to build a prototype to celebrate one of the models that have made the brand famous throughout the world.
Apart from anything else, the Lancia Style Centre designers have always had one perennial dream: to recreate the Fulvia Coupè as though it had been left free to evolve stylistically without interruption. The approach to the project was therefore clear from the outset: no nostalgic self-indulgence, but rather a post-modern reworking of the original concept and stylistic devices.

Priority was to be given to a fresh, dynamic shape without losing sight of the intrinsic spirit that made the Fulvia, designed by Castagnero in 1965, an ultra-sophisticated mix of eccentricity, elegance, clean aesthetic lines and sportiness.

An absolutely up-to-date coupé, in other words. A car that offered an opportunity to explore aesthetic and engineering solutions that could be used on future Lancia products but also carried great evocative weight for people who lusted after and dreamed of the car in its heyday. "

Marketing gimp use of the conditional in the last paragraph eh? JUST BUILD IT!!! : )
New Mini Clubman - Pugugly {P}
I have a feeling that BMW would actually do that - imagine that car with rear wheel drive, decent build and paint quality and silky smooth 6 cylinder petrol engine.......
New Mini Clubman - boxsterboy
Even I like this thing and I can't stand the look
of the new MINI--so derivative, so banal. But this version looks
a lot more modern and original. And you can carry a
dog in it.

Surely only a miniture lap-dog?
Surely only a miniture lap-dog?

In the spirit of the car itself it would need to be something like a jack Russell, but not a lean, fit one with mud on its nose and a tendency to snap, but a slightly overweight one fed only on calf's liver and wearing a collar from Prada.
New Mini Clubman - piggy
>>>the new MINI,so derivative,so banal<< and so bloated and overpriced.