What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo 2.0tdci 130 Titanium X 5dr - ivrytwr3
Looking to buy a used motor. I currently drive a 52 plate 2.0 TDCI Zetec Ford Mondeo saloon 5 door. I have seen this car:

Ford Mondeo 2.0tdci 130 Titanium X 5dr with these specs:

engine: 1998 cc
gearbox: Manual
colour: Panther black
mileage: 14278
year: 2006
reg: 56

for £12,699.

Is this a good deal? Does anyone know where i can get a better deal? And lastly, i like the TDCi range, but is the Titanium X a better or worse car than the TDCi (wife wants to know which one is more sleeker/faster!).

Hope someone can help!!
or this one:

Ford Mondeo 2.2tdci 155 St 5dr

engine: 2198 cc
gearbox: Manual
colour: Panther black
mileage: 13740
year: 2006
reg: 06

at £13,999
Ford Mondeo 2.0tdci 130 Titanium X 5dr - cheddar
Both are sportier looking and better equipped than your 52 plate Zetec though the Titan X has the same engine where as the ST is a 2.2 ltr version of the same engine, both have six speed gear boxes where as I guess yours is five speed.
Ford Mondeo 2.0tdci 130 Titanium X 5dr - Slightlyfatdirector
Good prices.

Have just bought a 2006 Ghia X TDCI Estate with 10,000 miles for £12,999 for a work colleague from Motorpoint.

The Titanium X has 18" alloys I think and the ride even on the 17" ones on the Ghia X is hard so on the Titanium X the ride could be brutal. Try before you buy!

Motorpoint and Trade Sales usually have a good selection.
Ford Mondeo 2.0tdci 130 Titanium X 5dr - Bill Payer
The Titanium X has 18" alloys I think and the ride even on the 17" ones on the Ghia X is hard
so on the Titanium X the ride could be brutal. Try before you buy!

I looked at Mondeo TDCi at www.archersofashby.co.uk a while ago and they (a Mr Archer) said they'd happily take the 18" wheels off and put 17" on. Most people go for the looks and don't think about the ride comfort or other issues with very low profile tyres.
Ford Mondeo 2.0tdci 130 Titanium X 5dr - DP
Titanium X = comfort focused with top spec fully loaded. 2 trim levels above the Ghia! Looks like any other Mondeo so likely to blend in / not attract the attention of Plod or tea leaves.

ST = sporting focus, bodykit, big alloys, sports seats, firmer suspension, sharper handling, will attract more attention. My neighbour has one in Performance Blue with red leather and it looks stunning, but subtle it ain't.

Cheers
DP

Ford Mondeo 2.0tdci 130 Titanium X 5dr - cheddar
Assuming the Tit X has 18" alloys then neither are that subtle to be honest though panther black helps over performance blue, if you want more subtle then look for a Ghia or Ghia X, the latter is the most fully loaded with elec seats that otherwise can only be had on the ST220.

I would go for the ST TDCi of the two that you mention though a 2.2 TDCi Ghia X would appeal most.
Thanks very much for your replies; very informative! However, i have found a similar motor at a dealer near me. The car is a FORD MONDEO 2.2TDCi 155 Titanium X 5dr registered Jun 06 and is up for £13,999. Only downside i see is the mileage is 14800. I really like this one and intend to view on Wednesday, is £13,999 a realistic price or should i be haggling? (even to get tax or fuel thrown in!) Is this too high mileage and would you look elsewhere?!

Lastlyt (promise!) what would you expect to get part-ex on a 52 plate 2.0 TDCI Zetec Ford Mondeo saloon 5 door with 48k on the clock?
Ford Mondeo 2.0tdci 130 Titanium X 5dr - Wee Willie Winkie
"Lastlyt (promise!) what would you expect to get part-ex on a 52 plate 2.0 TDCI Zetec Ford Mondeo saloon 5 door with 48k on the clock?"

If it's the 115bhp then Glass's trade value is £4,350. If it's 130bnp then £4,550. I assume you mean 5 door hatch, rather than 4 door saloon?

DB
www.motorpoint.co.uk have 7 x 2.2TDCI 155 Titanium X spec in a load of different colours. All at £12,999 with mileage between 11,000 and 14,000. When we bought our company Ghia X from here it was an ex-Ford management car and I would suspect these are as well.

If you can get the same deal from a local dealer you will be doing all right. Print off the website prices and specs and take them to your dealer to help the negotiation perhaps?

Don't forget to consider the ride comfort! The earlier contributiors comment about getting them swopped is a good suggestion.
And the Ghia X is the comfort orientated version with the Titanium X being the more sporty looking one below the ST. This is why it is on silly 18" wheels.
Ford Mondeo 2.0tdci 130 Titanium X 5dr - Quinny100
I upgraded from an 02 2.0 TDCi 130 Zetec to an 05 ST TDCi last year.

The 2.2 engine is decent upgrade and I've noticed no real difference in fuel economy. The 2.2 is much happier in 6th gear on the motorway when you need to accelerate because there is more torque.

I'd reccomend the ST TDCi over any of the other versions. There is quite a bit more under the skin of the ST than a bodykit and fancy wheels - the steering is different, front track is wider, the suspension is different (springs, dampers, bigger ARB's, different geometry) all of which make the ST a much sharper drive than the standard models.

I actually find the ride on the ST is more comfortable than my old Zetec - it is firm and you can feel the road, but its never jarring or uncomfortable because the damping is absolutely spot on. Other models with 18's tend to be harsh and tramline a lot more than ST due to the suspension differences. Even my Mum loves driving it because in her words "Its a lovely smooth car".

Another factor is that traditionally the ST models have enjoyed better residuals than the standard models.