What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Obtaining missing service history? - r_welfare
I've bought a '95 Vauxhall Omega which has all the owner paperwork except the service book is missing. The car has a low number of previous owners and I can see from the limited amount of receipts it was ex-Network Q.

I have a copy of February 2006's Car Mechanics which seems to suggest that some manufacturers will provide, either free or for a small fee, a copy of service printouts from their central database if the car was dealer serviced.

Has anyone done something similar with their Vauxhall, and if so is it best to go to the local dealer's service manager, the supplying dealer, or Vauxhall themselves? I'm willing to try all three but if someone else has already tried and it's a no-go, or found the experience straightforward, I'd be interested to know!

The car's value is minimal and I'm not looking for a fast buck - it's a keeper for DIY/tip duties so to this end I've already serviced it and changed the all-important cambelt and tensioner - but it would be nice to know what else has been done in it's 125,000 miles...
Obtaining missing service history? - Happy Blue!
Given the age and mileage, I would doubt if it has been in the Vauxhall service network for some time, so the history will probably a) minimal, b) from many years ago, and c) probably wiped.
Obtaining missing service history? - Hamsafar
I have done this for cars three years old, but not 12!
I doubt they would keep records that long, or be too bothered about helping.
It is whoever serviced it that you need to contact, so if you don't know, what can you do?
Obtaining missing service history? - McP
I did this before selling our 98 Micra last year.
We bought from a dealer who told us that the previous owner had died, so all the paper work including the service history and even the owners manual had gone to a solicitor.

Lookers Nissan Manchester provided a computer printout of all servicing including pre- delivery inspection free of charge.

I only bothered as I thought it would help with the sale.

Got to be worth a try if you want the information.
Obtaining missing service history? - rtj70
I would ask "what's the point?".

If it was dealer serviced for the first four years that leave an 8 year gap. And the 8 years being most recent.

Is the OP assuming all subsequent owners took an old car that's not worth much to a VX dealer for servicing and maintenance? If not, then how do you expect to find out about the rest of servicing outside of the VX network. NetworkQ is irrelevant at this age is it not?

If it runs and is cheap and reliable, then enjoy ...
Obtaining missing service history? - r_welfare
OK thanks chaps, it was a Network Q car sold in early 1996 to a limited company who held onto it until 2004, so I thought it might be worth a go. Might give the service manager of the supplying dealership a call on the offchance it was serviced there during that time, if not it's no loss as you say.