What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Last night's booby prize goes to - Tim Allcott
The driver of the Ford Focus heading Northbound around junction 27 on the M1 who had a large sat nav system (Navman sized?) half way between the rear view mirror and the base of the windscreen. They didn't appear to have worked out that the unit had a "nightview" setting yet, either....
On an up side, having been tailgated coming off the M5 onto the M42 by a large non artic curtain sided lorry, I was pleased to see him being pulled by a (presumably unmarked) traffic car at the next junction having, I guess, tried the same trick with him!
Tim{P}
Last night's booby prize goes to - cheddar
who had a large sat nav system (Navman
sized?) half way between the rear view mirror and the base
of the windscreen. They didn't appear to have worked out that
the unit had a "nightview" setting yet, either>>

Likewise an A4 Avant on the M4 IRO Reading / Newbury last night.
Last night's booby prize goes to - daveyjp
This is a trend which is becoming more common and it never ceases to amze me, anything in the line of vision will obscure other vehicles, pedestrians, bikes etc. I live in a hilly area and on turning left into a downhill road the angle of the car, the road and my tax disc obscured a van coming up the road. I struggle to understand the mentality of anyone who thinks having a screen in the line of vision won't be distracting.

"They didn't appear to have worked out that the unit had a "nightview" setting yet, either"

My Garmin must be quite a decent unit as it automatically switches modes at published sunrise and sunset times.
Last night's booby prize goes to - sierraman
Same goes for things dangling off the mirror IMO,I have even seen CDs.Obviously people who don't use their peripheral vision to the nearside.
Last night's booby prize goes to - NARU
Same goes for things dangling off the mirror IMO,I have even
seen CDs.

Caused by a belief that it makes the car resistant to handheld/Camera van speed guns.
Last night's booby prize goes to - artful dodger {P}
Same goes for things dangling off the mirror

>>Caused by a belief that it makes the car resistant to handheld/Camera van speed guns.

Cor, thats a new one to me.
Funny I found keeping the needle of my speedo on the right number works for me!

--
Roger
I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to say.
Last night's booby prize goes to - malteser
>> Same goes for things dangling off the mirror IMO,I have
even
>> seen CDs.
Caused by a belief that it makes the car resistant to
handheld/Camera van speed guns.

Funnily enough here in Spain they have a simple childlike belief that a rosary or St. Christopher dangling from the windscreen mounted rear view mirror will protect them from some truly awful driving and resultant horrific smashes!

Roger. (Costa del Sol, España)
Last night's booby prize goes to - Hamsafar
">> Same goes for things dangling off the mirror IMO,I have even
seen CDs.

Caused by a belief that it makes the car resistant to handheld/Camera van speed guns."

Or often for many taxi drivers it is the verses of the Koran in audio format.
Get yours here...
cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Koran-CD_W0QQitemZ6958417396
Last night's booby prize goes to - Lud
Or often for many taxi drivers it is the verses of
the Koran in audio format.
Get yours here...

Didn't realise you were a believer Ashok.

Of course a translation of the Quran is not the real thing, just a representation. That's why Arabic speakers are uniquely qualified to understand the world's only serious text. Rather unfair to the rest of us.

The M.M. Pickthall translation is generally accepted as decent in English.