What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1.7 cambelt changed - now wont start - lizeey
I've just changed the cambelt on our Puma 1.7 - now it turns over but wont fire up?

anyone know what could be up?

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 30/12/2007 at 19:10

1.7 cambelt changed - now wont start - Dynamic Dave
Valve timing incorrectly set?

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 30/12/2007 at 19:08

1.7 cambelt changed - now wont start - lizeey
im sure its the variable cam timing pulley but nowhere can I find how to reset this - any ideas?

Puma VCT Re-Set? - lizeey
Can anyone help on how to reset the Variable Cam Timing pulley on a 1.7 Puma?

Puma VCT Re-Set? - Collos25
First you have to set the timing pulleys correctly using the proper setting tool .I think it was a little unwise to start a job you or your mechanic was unsure about.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 30/12/2007 at 19:09

Puma VCT Re-Set? - lizeey
my mechanic used AutoData to get the correct procedure for the cambelt change and they mention nothing at all about the variable Cam timing? He has also spoken to a few ford main dealers who have told him its just the same as a normal cambelt change (which it isn't!) - doesn't make me too confident to be taking it to them in the future!

He has since spoken to a very helpful guy at Pumaspeed and should be getting it sorted right about now (fingers crossed!)

Puma VCT Re-Set? - Dave SS
did you manage to sort it out?

a friend of mine has exactly the same problem, he used the haynes manual from the fiesta though which has the same engine but without the variable intake cam timing - you use a pin to find TDC and a 5mm bar to align the cams :-/

turns over but just won't fire up.

Puma VCT Re-Set? - Pugugly {P}
Dave,

The OP hasn't visited in a year or more. I've e-mailed her (I assume her) for her to pop in to have a look.

PU

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 30/12/2007 at 19:15