What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda recalls 3000 Civics - type's'
Dox - I need a new God - they have let me down badly now - the reputation is tarnished.

On a serious note:- www.whatcar.co.uk/news-article.aspx?NA=222728
The cars were built in may & june - the whatcar picture shows an old civic - not sure if that is accurate though ?

Honda recalls 3000 Civics - BazzaBear {P}
When FIAT recalled their Punto Grande, this apparently proved to one and all how terribly made they are...
Honda recalls 3000 Civics - bell boy
i think thats unfair
as i read it they are missing a kneecap protector in a submarine shunt thats all.
Honda recalls 3000 Civics - jase1
This is the kind of recall that sets the like of Honda apart from the Eurobox manufacturers.

This is not a safety issue, it's a possibility that the engine won't start or might sputter to a halt.

No way in the world would the like of Peugeot issue a recall for something like this.
Honda recalls 3000 Civics - George Porge
Not a safety issue? engine stall on a level crossing or lane 3 on the motorway leading to no PAS and eventual no servo assistance. You try to restart and the steering lock goes on at 70MPH!

Its easy sat in your arm chair to say what you'd do if it happened to you, it would be absolute panic in reality
Honda recalls 3000 Civics - jase1
It is a breakdown. Breakdowns happen for multiple reasons every day across the board. Should coil problems be a recall as well?

Peugeot had to be dragged kicking and screaming to recall 307s due to starter motors sticking and catching fire (and then it happened again with dodgy software). Really could see them trying to hide this sort of thing as well.
Generally speaking cars these days have multiple coils and would at least be able to limp to the hard shoulder. Its great that Honda have recalled the cars, all credit to them.
Honda recalls 3000 Civics - Westpig
i had a coil failure in Devon, called the AA (cos i'm completely non technical and was worried about it) and because a new coil was unobtainable over a Bank Holiday Weekend (it always happens then doesn't it) was advised i could still drive it gently and managed 55-60mph all the way back to London with an intermittent 6 cylinders and 5 the rest of the time..........it was either that or stay there another 3 days
Honda recalls 3000 Civics - Westpig
forgot to say there's a coil on each cylinder
Devons a nice place, why the rush?

How long is your cat going to last after having neat petrol through it? Its a bad idea to drive a car with a misfire if its fitted with a cat
Honda recalls 3000 Civics - Bill Payer
>>intermittent 6 cylinders and 5 the rest of the
time..........it was either that or stay there another 3 days

I know someone who wrecked an engine doing that (although it was a 4 cyl) and I too am amazed you didn't destroy the cat. You might have done yet - has it had an emissions test?
i would be more concerned with a washed bore than a cat
Honda recalls 3000 Civics - quizman
Generally speaking cars these days have multiple coils and would at
least be able to limp to the hard shoulder. Its great
that Honda have recalled the cars, all credit to them.

No coils to go wrong on a diesel.
Honda recalls 3000 Civics - Chas{P}
You try to restart and the steering lock goes on at 70MPH!

So when you restart a stalled engine you remove the key first??

Steering does not lock until you remove the key

to be fair smoking chav i think the poster was thinking bigger picture, ie how many vehicles do you see that have been can opened down the side ,maybe if the owner had stopped and assesed the damage before blithely carrying on ?
so taking keys out i can well believe it,? maybe they think they have to do the blipper as well?
Honda recalls 3000 Civics - Chas{P}

"No way in the world would the like of Peugeot issue a recall for something like this."

Jase1

Before you make a general statement I suggest you look at the VOSA website that HJ mentioned.

All manufacturers issue recalls for defects and I think your accusation is unfair.
sorry smoking chaz im a one finger poster (no offence meant)
You indeed correct Chaz.
Honda recalls 3000 Civics - Sprice
When FIAT recalled their Punto Grande, this apparently proved to one
and all how terribly made they are...

No, they've proved how terribly made they are way before the recall.