What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Civic central locking - adrian6
When using the fob to lock the car, all doors except the driver's one lock normally. So, lock with key -fine - but then I can only unlock this door with the key, the remote will not do so! Any ideas? Many thanks, Adrian.
Honda Civic central locking - grease monkey
adrian could you post a few more details about your car,year,model etc,intially from what you describe it sounds like the central locking motor/control unit in the drivers door is playing up
--
if it aint broke don`t fix it
Yup, it is a Honda Civic Aerodeck, "T" reg 1999. Hope this helps. If it is the driver's door motor - can I do anything about it? Thanks, Adrian
Honda Civic central locking - grease monkey
firstly adrian,get the door card off to gain access to the door motor,check connections,wiring etc when the remote locking is being operated, most door lock motors dont have any serviceable parts in them anyway so most times you would replace the faulty unit
--
if it aint broke don`t fix it
Thanks for the advice. When I get time, I'll strip it as you suggest. Guess it's a job I've been trying to avoid! Thanks for your help, Adrian