What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Passat alarm - vwman01
Morning all
Dont know if anyone can help.
My VW Passat 130bhp 2.0L S alarm works fine in all respects, however when I sent the alarm there is no audable warning that the alarm has been activated, can this be changed or is the alarm set up this way in the factory, the reason I ask is that I just want the extra peace of mind that the alarm has been set/activated.
I did ask in the local VW dealer the other day, the response was ''I haven't got a clue.''
Thanks in advance for any suggestions Vwman
Passat alarm - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Don't the indicators flash when locking and unlocking doors and thus setting the alarm?
Do you really want to annoy the neghbours late at night with inane beeps.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Passat alarm - George Porge
There was a similar issue here recently with a Bora, he disconnected the battery and all was well again. Do a search. Good luck with it ;-)
Passat alarm - George Porge
Oops, misread your question. I dont think that VWs can give an audible warning, its headlamp flash only.
Passat alarm - Alec
If it's the 97- model then the alarm function of flashing the lights and sounding the horn is programmable by the dealer via his diagnostic equipment or by using VAGCOM.
Passat alarm - vwman01
Yep they do, and no I dont, just wanted extra peace of mind.
Passat alarm - vwman01
Alex and Dox thanks for the replies.