What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Do i dont i or have i no choice - heartburn
On march 27 i bought a 55 plate galaxy via ford direct.We were expected to pick the car up a week later,i have 4k finance through ge finance (for which i have already paid first months installment)and 14k cash to pay on pick up.
We have had a lot of knock backs from then till now and the car is still at ford and warrenty is ticking away same as the tax etc.
My dilema is after a number of times telling ford that we will pick it up and failing if i decided not to go ahead or as i would rather (as the galaxyies are dropping in price i dont really want to pay 18k on a car when now i have seen cars of same spec for 1.5k less)
What options have i got if any, expected date for handover is once again may 8.If i pay the finance off and i dont buy car who owes me the finance?

Do i dont i or have i no choice - Armitage Shanks {p}
I am sorry to say that there are probably some very harsh penalties, hidden the small print of your sales and finance agreement paperwork! It would cost you to buy the car and cost you not to buy it; I think you will suffer some financial loss whatever you do but I think you may already have the anwer, if you can find it! Good Luck in any event!
Do i dont i or have i no choice - Altea Ego
you cant get out of the contract just because you dont like the price you paid for it.

However. I would be on to Ford and demand a cash payment equivalent to the amount of your first finance payment. YOu have paid for something you dont have.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Do i dont i or have i no choice - DavidHM
How was the car ordered? At a dealer or over the phone/net?
Do i dont i or have i no choice - BazzaBear {P}
you cant get out of the contract just because you dont
like the price you paid for it.
However. I would be on to Ford and demand a cash
payment equivalent to the amount of your first finance payment. YOu
have paid for something you dont have.

I'm not sure whether I'm reading the original post correctly, but is it the case that the reason he doesn't have it that he has refused to go pick it up himself.
If I'm right, surely he can't try to penalise Ford for his not having taken possesion?
Do i dont i or have i no choice - Altea Ego
Well I kinda assumed it was Ford knocking him back. I didnt think anyone would be daft enought to pay and then not go and pick it up.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
As I read the OP, he has committed to buy this vehicle, has £4k finance and has to pay £14K cash. He is in some financial difficulty and I think he has not gone to pick it up as he hasn't got the cash and wants to get out of the deal. Apologies to heartburn if my undestanding of his post is incorrect!
Do i dont i or have i no choice - Manatee
GE probably don't pay out in theory until the car is delivered - if it is the dealer failing to deliver then tell GE and they will potentially claw back the settlement and cancel the deal.

If it is you who have chosen not to collect then you are probably more dependent on the goodwill of the other parties to unravel the deal.
Do i dont i or have i no choice - Stuartli
On march 27 i bought a 55 plate galaxy via ford direct>>

This infers/indicates that you have entered into a contract which will be legally binding.

When you state that you bought the car through Ford Direct was this at the dealership or by phone or online?

If so there could well have been a clause allowing you to reject the vehicle if it is not as described, although this would be unlikely with Ford Direct.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Do i dont i or have i no choice - heartburn
Its not ford fault that car still there,and money is sitting in my partners bank account,it was bought from forecourt.

The reason of asking is that im sick and surley the garage is same (as thier books aint balancing)of my partner saying we will be there this day then that day ,then another yet it still at forcourt due to a lot of knock backs.
basically i feel crap in picking up the car now due to letting ford down many times and was wondering what options if any i had regarding the finance on the car
Do i dont i or have i no choice - Stuartli
>>as the galaxyies are dropping in price i dont really want to pay 18k on a car when now i have seen cars of same spec for 1.5k less>>

>>due to a lot of knock backs.>>

The first paragraph appears to indicate your reason for the delay - what do you mean in the second?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Do i dont i or have i no choice - Happy Blue!
I am confused - so writing in complete coherent sentences would help us to help you.

Please confirm : -

1. Where is the car? Is it at the dealers or with Ford Direct? or elsewhere?

2. Why can you not take delivery? Is there is fault with the car, the paperwork for it or what.

3. If the car should have been delivered on day X and you went to collect it, but it was not ready, and it is still not ready ten days later, I would want some compensation for the extra costs you have incurred (if any) and for loss of use of the vehicle for which you are currently paying interest on a loan.

4. Presumably, the reason for not getting the car is nothing to do with you. If it is, then tough - you have no grounds to renege on the deal.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
"and money is sitting in my partners bank account". The money seems to be available but there is a problem getting it for the partner's account to the showroom? I do agree with Espada that the storyline is hard to follow so I hope that my input is not offensive to the OP!