Help new Mondeo 2.5 engine needed! - kam
The brother in law has done the unbelieveable and managed to seize the engine in his Mondeo 2.5 zetec-s(2001 my),we are having a great deal of trouble sourcing a used one anywhere,a new one from ford is approx £1700!.Can anybody advise us where we could get one.Thanks
Help new engine needed! - markengland
Have you tried any of the ads in the front of AutoTrader? There's normally pages and pages of them in there.
Help new engine needed! - bell boy
what area of country do you live in?
Help new engine needed! - kam
Cambridge
Help new engine needed! - bell boy
sorry then i dont know anyone to recommend in that area but, please take this advice
Many people that advertise in rags are charlatans and thieves, be very wary about buying an unheard engine from an unheard source
the engine you are looking for i believe has a plastic impellor on the water pump and is the major reason the engines expire,whats to say the replacement isnt the same but has been steamed off?
Ideally you want to get a good local garage to source this engine and fit it for you that way they will have to warrent it.
The only final thing i can say is that if it was me looking for an engine for this vehicle i would be looking for a rear ended write off to source all the right bits from.
Finally if you get sorted make sure you get a proper receipt and make sure the vendor puts the unique engine number on the receipt for your protection and you advise vosa that your log book will need updating.

good luck :)
Help new engine needed! - Dave N
Oldman has highlighted the many risks of 2nd hand engines. Personally, I'd just buy a new one, that's the only way you'll know what you're getting.
Help new engine needed! - Galaxy
The "new" Ford engine may well be a manufacturers own reconditioned engine. Ford do sell reconditioned engines as well as new ones.

You could try to obtain either a Ford reconditioned engine or one from a known engine reconditioner, e.g. Burton Engineering.

Failing that, there used to be an organisation called the Federation of Engine Remanufacturers, FER, and if they are still in existence they apparently guarantee that engines have been reconditioned to a particular standard.

Help new engine needed! - cheddar
For £1700 it is likely to be a Ford recon unit, that is the way to go. A few years ago I knocked my Vectra V6s sump out care of a rock on the motorway (when the car was nearly new) I was quoted £7500 for a new engine, luckily it was undamaged and all that was required was a new sump.
Help new engine needed! - jc2
Ford engines used to be reconditioned by Bean Industries.
Help new engine needed! - Carrow
Phone 01353 720531, thats Ivor Searle who are recognised engine remanafacturers, and they also source and guarantee 2nd hand units. You may not be able to deal direct but there will be an agent in your area.
Help new engine needed! - Altea Ego

of Mr Bean fame?
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Help new engine needed! - jc2
No;Bean,the manufacturer of the Bean car,back in the 20/30's.
Help new engine needed! - mike hannon
Well done! This must be the first recorded mention on HJ of the Bean car - once described as 'as dull as its name'. I read somewhere back along of a meeting of the Bean Club when no actual Bean cars turned up!
Help new engine needed! - Chas{P}

They are now supplied by Wealdstone Engineering

HTH
--
Was Charles {P} but someone c o p i e d my name with spaces.
Help new engine needed! - geoff1248
As the car is now 5+ years old he isn't going to get the cash back for a new engine when he comes to sell it. I would suggest that he hunts down a car breaker and puts in a second hand engine.