What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford KA revving - p leigh
car is revving very high but drops off very slowly when you come to a stop.and i have disconnented a sensor on the throttle body which has cured the problem but i do not know what the sensor is called could somebody please help in finding what this sensor is called.
Ford KA revving - Screwloose
p

"Throttle Hang" is a known issue on most of the dozen or so versions of this engine. There are various official modifications to address the problem [of varying effectiveness] but none of them involve disconnecting sensors.

Masking one fault usually just causes another; so before risking money on possibly unnecessary sensors, it might be best to get a competant garage to investigate the real fault.
Ford KA revving - p leigh
thanks for your reply screwloose.I have had the car to the garage but they want paying just to look at it I was just wondering if anybody had come across the same fault.
Ford KA revving - Screwloose
but they want paying just to look at it

Anyone who spends tens of thousands on diagnostic equipment and training, sets themselves up with premises and then has to meet the staggering overheads of running a business; they wouldn't stay solvent very long if they gave their diagnosis away free - would they! "Thanks for that - I'll get my mate to fix it" is all they'd hear!

Does your dentist do free examinations? Does your solicitor give free legal assistance? It's quite hard enough trying to stay afloat in the ever-changing nightmare world of car diagnostics without people thinking that your efforts are worthless!
Ford KA revving - R75
Anyone who spends tens of thousands on diagnostic equipment and training----

Oh yeah!! Cos I am sure that once they have given a diagnosis from their expensive equiptment and then the fault is not cured they are likely to say "sorry chap, here have your money back" Most want it all ways.
Ford KA revving - tommo
thanks for nothing
Ford KA revving - mickyh7
Of course you could change half a dozen sensor's at £30-£40 quid each and fix it yourself for nothing!modern cars are so complicated it's worth paying £20 for a computer to tell you what is wrong.Bring back plugs and points? I'm afraid time has moved on my freind-Now get your hand in your pocket and join the rest of us!!!
Ford KA revving - tonyglover9
this is a known concern which could be a ecu fault.but try reconnecting the throttle position sensor.and disconnect the road speed sensor.a three wire cnnection,which runs down to the speedo on the gear box.but if the car cuts out when you come to a stop reconnect.
Ford KA revving - tommo
thanks for that tony.Thats all i needed to know but people soon get upset here dont they?I thought that is what these forums are for, helping people and trying to advice people, anyway thanks again tony hope i can help you sometime....

throttle position sensor.
Ford KA revving - tommo
to tonyglover9

sorry people but as you can see my name is tommo and not P Leigh this was my mate,he was logged in when i wrote the initial message.
Ford KA revving - ford
most common fault is the air by pass valve . there are two types, if you give your reg no to your ford dealer they will know the type you want
Ford KA revving - madf
Before you cahnge anything, try a ECU reset. (Note you will need your raadio code)
Disconnect battery for 5 minutes. Reconnect and drive 10 miles mixed motoring. Worth a try.
madf
Ford KA revving - tommo
cheers for that madf sorted thanks the lot.