What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Rust Repair - Ford Dagenham
Hello.

My Brother is restoring a mk3 fiesta that our mother has given to him in her will (Bless her)

It needs a new drivers sill and wheel arch repair panel.

Where can this be done below £500.

Preferebly using ford parts.

Kindest Regards in advance.

Martin
--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
Rust Repair - Roger Jones
Any local body repair shop that isn't slave to a main dealer, doesn't "specialize" in insurance work and whose guvn'r greets you in overalls, not a suit. Older cars on the premises are a good sign. Try and get a recommendation.
Rust Repair - Victorbox
Buy a copy of Practical Classics and look in the small adds in the back to see if there are any restoration companies in your area rather than the "modern car only" bodyshops. Most bodyshops doing mainly insurance work won't be interested in slicing open wheel arches to align, weld and fill a wheel arch repair.
Rust Repair - Roger Jones
Good suggestion. Martin, tell us where you are and I might be able to identify somewhere worth trying.
Rust Repair - Chris S
Can MK III Fiestas use unleded petrol? It may not be worth repairing, apart from the sentimental value.
Rust Repair - tr7v8
The fact it can or can't use unleaded maes no difference to whether it's worth repairing, still a fair few cars around that can't. Just use an additive/
Rust Repair - tyro
Can MK III Fiestas use unleded petrol?

Yes.
Rust Repair - Navara Van man
As I understand it severe rust will always come back and the panels must be replaced
Rust Repair - bell boy
Hello.
My Brother is restoring a mk3 fiesta that our mother has
given to him in her will (Bless her)
It needs a new drivers sill and wheel arch repair panel.
Where can this be done below £500.
Preferebly using ford parts.
Kindest Regards in advance.
Martin
--
(iam not a mechanic)
Martin Winters

best way to cure the rust is to completely renew the rear quarter panel rather than the wheel arch once you get stuck in they are fairly easy to do but get the new panel before you start chopping, "sel imperial" do a complete rear quarter panel for a good price (£63 + vat) i understand the car may have sentimental value? the best jobs are the ones you do yourself so good luck.
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"