What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2.5 V6 Omega Pathitic Performance - tgmnewry
I bought on the cheap a 95 Vauxhall Omega 2.5 V6 Auto, showing 90K
The engine is burning no oil though does leak a lot, particurally over one of the exhaust manifolds which is annoying.
The thing is the car has real useless performance, and can barely keep up with my mates '89 2 litre Carlton..
There is a bit of hesitation at low revs, and light throttle, though have put this down to a damaged spark lead, as can see arcing in the vicinity from time to time.
Anyone any ideas, I was thinking as the engine is covered in oil crankshaft position sensor or the like is may be playing up.
Re: Cheap 2.5 V6 Omega - RogerL
If it wasn't in need of serious repair, the previous owner either a) wouldn't have sold it or b) would have asked a much higher price.

If a deal looks too good to be true, it almost certainly is!
Re: 2.5 V6 Omega Pathitic Performance - Andy Bairsto
It needs a complete looking at ,you need to have connected to a GM anylyser to find some of the critical problems.These vehicles are notoriously a nightmare.
Re: 2.5 V6 Omega Pathitic Performance - Honest John
Wait til the timing belt flies off.

HJ
Re: 2.5 V6 Omega Pathitic Performance - David W
Proper service first with new plugs and leads then worry about the rest.

David
Re: 2.5 V6 Omega Pathitic Performance - Rob Govier
should have bought a Xantia and moved to The Fens, huh??

rg
Re: 2.5 V6 Omega Pathitic Performance - David W
Well either would have been a start.

David
Re: 2.5 V6 Omega Pathitic Performance - Robert
If you live in the south try calling DK Cars in Thatcham.

01635 863080

They are an independant who only do big Vx cars - they found a problem on my Omega that a main dealer couldn't fix.

www.dkcarsales.co.uk