What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo Tailgate - nottsruss
My 53(2004 model) Ford Mondeo Ghia Estate has an annoying problem with the tail gate.When relased from inside it some time does not close locked again , the lock mechanism does not locate,more by luck than know how I have managed to mess with the fob and reactivated the lock.Has any one else had this problem ? also what does the spring located rubber cushion on each side of the tail gate do ? is this connected into the central locking system ?
Ford Mondeo Tailgate - cheddar
With respect are you sure you are not simply touching the electric tail gate release (by the n.o plate lights) when trying to shut the tail gate, it is easy to do and means it will not shut properly, you then have to wait a second or so before trying again.
Ford Mondeo Tailgate - nottsruss
Thanks Cheddar
I have actually just joined www.fixaford.co.uk £12.50 for a years technical support.They inform me tha this problem is becoming populay now on late model mondeos and is a fault of the latch motor assembly