What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2006 Ford Transit Facelift - Wales Forester
I've just seen some pictures of this on www.forddesktops.com , does anyone know when the facelifted models will be launched in the UK?
2006 Ford Transit Facelift - bell boy
ford say details will be released this summer.
Thanks Oldman.
After some more Googling I've found a whole section about it on the What Van website.

It's being launched at the British Commercial Vehicle Show at the National Exhibition Centre in April so it'll probably be summer before punters get to see it.

Article here if anyone else is interested; www.whatvan.co.uk/newvans_s.asp?id=4650
2006 Ford Transit Facelift - Blue {P}
The dashboard is a big improvement, but the front end will take a fair bit of getting used to!

Can't see the point in favcelifting the Transit to be honest, nothing was really wrong with the old one, they should have spent the money on an emergency facelift for the new Focus!

Blue
2006 Ford Transit Facelift - Adam {P}
Someone at Ford needs to be fired. And pretty quickly too. The front looks like that new Isuzu or LDV Maximus or one of those type of vans.
2006 Ford Transit Facelift - Navara Van man
For me the change in gear stick will make the transit even more unbeatable, Second only to the merc sprinter.
There seem to be some subtle differences between the vehicles pictured on forddesktops.com and on whatvan.co.uk.
The former shows a revised exterior mirror surround which extends back across the front doors. Also, the front grille surround and bumper centre section seem to be colour coded.
The whatvan.co.uk vehicle doesn't have these features. Maybe it's a trim level thing.

All in all, I think it looks quite good, the nose job looks no more radical than the 2000 facelift IMHO. I especially like the dash mounted gear lever. The rear light clusters have also been given a makeover, and Transit finally gains a high level brake light, something which AFAIK has only been available on current Transit models fitted with rear windows.

My new company van was originally going to be a Transit Connect but it now looks like I'll be getting a Transit.
Luckily the purchase has been put back to the new financial year so I'll keep my fingers crossed that the new model is out promptly after it's April launch.
An RAC registration check on the whatvan.co.uk Transit returns an interesting result;
Manufacturer FORD
Model GRANADA GHIA X I AUTO
Body type VAN
Colour WHITE
Fuel type HEAVY OIL
Date manufactured 31 December 2004

Superb!
2006 Ford Transit Facelift - carl_a
Looks very much like the new VW van:
img497.imageshack.us/my.php?image=27600738814kh.jpg
2006 Ford Transit Facelift - Vansboy
Seems Ford really did loose it to Sprinter & don't think this 'tidy up' will help - other than the car like interior, there's nothing too special.

Unless they cured the low budget component build quality now!!

VB
2006 Ford Transit Facelift - mss1tw
That's hideous!
2006 Ford Transit Facelift - Sofa Spud
They should have left well alone! The Transit looks nicer as it is. If they had to fiddle with its appearance they should have just done little things and waited until the next generation Transit to introduce a new look. Maybe they're going for a spot of retro, a homage to the diesel versions of the original 1960's Transit, which had a snout type grille which the Petrol models (which had a short V4 engine) didn't need.

V4 engines - ah...where are they now???

Cheers, SS
2006 Ford Transit Facelift - Sofa Spud
Looking at the Transit facelift (Botox?), I think it's probably intended to give the van more of that 'get out of my way' factor when seen in one's rear view mirror.

cheers, SS
2006 Ford Transit Facelift - AlastairW
'get out of my way' factor when seen in one's rear view mirror.

Local industrial door fitters actually have 'yaw ym fo tou teg' written in the dirt on the front end. Its a rather battered VW LT - clearly some people cant read!
2006 Ford Transit Facelift - ukbeefy
It does seem remarkable that whatever money was spent on this facelift that it has ended up almost identical from the front as the LDV Maxus van...Surely whoever is the product planner/designer would be looking for some form of differentiation. I actually thought the current Transit (for a van) was a good looking vehicle with a highly recognisable shape/front end.
2006 Ford Transit Facelift - Altea Ego
I have the inside scoop on this one. Ford design team took the Peugeot 406 adds (the one with people driving toy cars), removed the Puegeot bits and as a joke sent it to management for approval as a new design concept.

It was accepted by management and the order came down from high to build them....

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >